Amplifi or Unifi for vacation home scenario?

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a network for our summer house and I've been a long time user of Unifi in other cases including my own apartment. But I am a bit attracted to the simplicity of Amplifi and very impressed with the coverage of it... but I'd like to tap into your collective experiences and recommendations if I may...

0_1527583950709_networklayout.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a floor plan available, but I tried to build a picture so that you have some idea of what I am talking about 😉 I have three scenarios that I am contemplating

1. The traditional Unifi: As you can see, I've put a Unifi Mesh antenna on a mast on the roof to make sure that I have wi-fi-coverage outside. I realize that Amplifi and Unifi don't talk to each other at the moment, so; the first scenario would be to buy either two Unifi AC-Pros, one in each building, and then have a wired backhaul in between.
    1. Meshed Unifi: The second option would be to buy one more Unifi Mesh point for each building and run them all off the same controller. I have no experience with Unifi mesh though. Also, each of these mesh points need PoE and thus not as easy to place in the buildings.
    1. The Amplifi Hybrid setup: In this scenario I'd set a separate SSID on the outside antenna, thus requiring manual switching of wi-fi when going outside, and then put an Amplifi Router in each building with a wired backhaul and then (if needed) add a mesh-point or two inside the main building where I need to cover the entire house. In the house to the left I only need to cover one room for now.

Which way would you go? Thanks!

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.