Packet loss from Mac to Amplifi

• Frequently, but without any set rhyme or reason, I get serious packet loss between my iMac and the Amplify router.

At the moment I am only using the router and no mesh points.

The Amplifi is set up in bridge mode, with a Fritzbox 7940 connected to the fibre connection.

3 or 4 meters away from it I have my main computer - an iMac, connected to it via Wi-fi.

Most of the time it works brilliantly, but sometimes it randomly start having a lot of packet loss between the iMac and the Amplifi.

I always run ping in the background these days, so I see it when it happens. Thought it might be a fault with the Amplifi, so had it sent away and got a new one. But the new one is behaving in the exact same way.

What is strange is that if I turn off Wi-fi on the iMac and turn it on again, the packet loss goes away.

Yes I know, should be a strong indication that its something wrong with the iMac. But I randomly have problems with other devices (other Macs, iPhones, iPads etc) and the fix always seems to be to turn off wi-fi and then turn on wi-fi again.

Another thing that makes me think its not as easy as just the devices being the problem is that I was using my old Apple Extreme when the Amplifi was away, and that was rock solid with no packet loss. Although I did see some high ping times (+100 ms) to the Fritzbox from time to time.

Anyone else experience this problem with the Amplifi and Apple devices? Any suggestions for fixes?

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.