v2.7.0 returns empty DNS responses for hosts that resolve to addresses in the 192.168.x range

• My AmpliFi router lives at 192.168.137.1.

mrowe@apollo:~$ nslookup raptor.home.bdash.net.nz 192.168.137.1
    Server:		192.168.137.1
    Address:	192.168.137.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    *** Can't find raptor.home.bdash.net.nz: No answer

mrowe@apollo:~$ nslookup raptor.home.bdash.net.nz 8.8.8.8
    Server:		8.8.8.8
    Address:	8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:	raptor.home.bdash.net.nz
    Address: 192.168.21.15

mrowe@apollo:~$ 

Prior to updating to v2.7.0 it was correctly returning the IP address from this DNS query. Now, it gives an empty response. It appears that AmpliFi's DNS resolver is now stripping A records in the 192.168.x range. As you can see, other DNS servers continue to return the appropriate response.

• I'm having similar issues. I can no longer resolve internal hosts / servers on my 192.168.40.x network which is connected to the WAN interface of the Amplify. So, if I my computer is connected to my wireless network on 192.168.121.1 and i try to connect to a host via FQDN on the wired network, I no longer can and get a message like:

Server: amplifi.lan
    Address: 192.168.121.1

*** No internal type for both IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses (A+AAAA) records available for domain.com (removed for privacy)

Prior to the update, this would work even if the FQDN resolved to one of my public IP's and came back in from the primary gateway to the NAT'd host on 192.168.40.x.

• See https://community.amplifi.com/post/5103 for an official response to another comment I made about this issue.

• same here, no access to internal host and web interface Amplify after update to 2.7.0

• I'm having DNS trouble for a while, on both 2.7.0 and 2.7.1. I've done flushdns, cleared browser cache, changed to the Google DNS addresses, turned Amplifi "bypass DNS cache" on/off. Some pages load eventually. Some pages hang on "resolving host..." for a while then time out. For my work VPN, pages never load. Never.

I can turn my iPhone hotspot on (AT&T) and connect to that via wifi, and everything works great. Super frustrated with Amplifi right now. I wish someone would be willing to help me live vs. never ending email or chat support. I just want someone to remote in and figure it out.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.