Amplifi HD -> BT Infinity (UK)

• I have BT Infinity to the premises, and I'm struggling. If I connect to my BT Smart Hub (https://bt.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/48835iA450CBA720D12082?v=1.0) it works well, but I feel this is missing the point. Shouldn't the Amplifi HD connect directly to my fibre modem?

If I do that, use PPPoE and use the username of homehub@btbroadband.com and password BT - I don't get any connection!

Please help!

• Hi,
    You need to use your BT username and password to connect the AMPLIFI Router to the internet via your modem.
    Just using the generic BT login and password won’t work.

I was having the same problems as you, so I ran my router in bridge mode for a while.

If you login to your BT Homehub, you should find all the settings, just copy them and enter onto your AMPLIFI router.

Best regards,
    Stephen.

• Only BT Business has a username and password. BT retail services use the generic bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password bt.

I'm using my Openreach HG612 and AmpliFi system right now to type this and the only thing I have configured is PPPoE with the above username and password.

I also use cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for the DNS.

You can enable IPv6 also, select DHCP6 with no clientID. AmpliFi will report internet problems in the App but it works fine.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.