Family profile option in Bridge Mode

• Hello,
    I need a possibility to restrict the access of clients to the Mesh Point using bridge mode.

Are there any possibilities?

regards,
    Andreas

• @andreas-roos Bridge mode disables those features on AmpliFi

• I know, thats why I am asking. There has to be a way doing this. Otherwise the feature is completely useless.

• @andreas-roos by restricting access do you mean pausing a device similar to our feature already in place (when not in bridge mode) or are you thinking more along the lines of a whitelist/blacklist?

• I want to restrict the connection times of a device due to WLAN access.

E.g. for a device it should only possible to login for one hour a day even if the connection is paused, or that it is only possible to login in a specific period of time. Or a possible combination of both.

E.g.
    Connection time: 16:00 - 20:00
    Access time with possible interruptions 1 hour

• And to be honest: I cannot understand what the missing family feature using bridge mode is all about.

Bridge Mode has to do with the connection and behaviour of the IP-Adresses between the LAN and the mesh point. Bridge ensures that all components are using the same subet.

Family mode has to do with the connection of the clients to the mesh point.

So in my opinion those two issues have nothing to do with each other.

regards,
    Andreas

• Agreed. Some features are disabled which shouldn’t need to be. Seems like bridge mode was quickly implemented and forgotten about.

• @ubnt-brett I wish we can could have pausing enabled in bridge mode it would be extremely helpful.

• @UBNT-Brett it would help if we did have the device identification that router mode does added to bridge mode, how else can you see which devices that you want to time out exactly, it's hard doing it just off devices names that appear in bridge mode.

• @andreas-roos well the worsted part of bridge mode is the lack of device identification or detection like router mode has where a device connects and you see a name and icon that's missing from bridge mode, it only half works by showing me iPhones and my cousin's ipand when he brings it over as apple and with an Icon.

Everything else is unidentified only as a brand name or some weird model name.

• @james-morgan @Edward-Dolezal features like this have been requests as features and we are currently reviewing which ones to incorporate. I will add your voice to the list 🙂

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.