Activation USB Port for NAS support

• Hello good support of this wonderful piece of equipment, i know this question has been asked before....multiple times and yes i am adding the same question. When is the update due when we can actually use this amazing option?

It is almost a year now....so get to work 😉 !

Thnx in advance, absolute fan!

• I totally agree. I just replaced my Apple Airport Extremes with 2 of the HD's and would love to be able to hook up my Time Machine drive.

Thanks!

• Aaaaand... nothing.

• @daniel-la-porta @Steve-Strong-0 @Lucian-Oniscu Activating the USB port on the AmpliFi HD is something we will not be doing at this time and is not on the list of future changes. There has been some confusion around this in the past, I am sorry for the confusion.

• @ubnt-brett That's unfortunate. This seems to be the most requested customer feature and you offer no explanation for dissing it while your competitors offer it. This is a deal breaker for me. I want to centralize backups and streaming for 8 PCs and portable devices and bought the HD because this community implied this capability would likely be offered in the near future. I have otherwise been very happy with my HD, but I will now be selling it and going elsewhere. Too bad Amplifi, we could have been great together!

• What?? First I heard of this. I was browsing the forum reading on a performance problem. I stumbled onto this post.

No USB storage support is an absolute deal breaker for me and one of the features I was waiting for (as it was reported it would be available, maybe incorrectly). Bummer and wish I knew about this earlier.

• Boy howdy, that's kind of ridiculous. You say you're going to add it in a firmware update, and then you pull the rug out from under our feet? Not good. I'm pretty much going to find one that works with a Synology NAS plugged into the USB port, and then AmpliFi is gone.

Now I really regret having bought the Teleport. What a dope I am.

• This is extremely disappointing news indeed. The HD's USB port is one of the reasons why I purchased the AmpliFi HD system. I'm going to keep my Amplifi system however considering its overall performance. I've connected my old Time Capsule to it using Ethernet so all my Macs have a working backup system again but I was hoping to invest in an external RAID drive connected to the HD router instead of a NAS.

Now if Amplifi would consider bringing out their own NAS with the quality and pricing similar to the rest of their products I'd put it at the top of my list for consideration....

• @ubnt-brett So, when did you realize you aren't able to do it?

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.