Introducing Teleport

• @robert-pera said in Introducing Teleport:

https://amplifi.com/teleport/

This sounds awesome, and I am interested in the details.
    Traveling often, both domestically and to Europe.

Happy to test it out, and will most certainly be purchasing it, depending on outcome.

Thx
    D

• @robert-pera

Hi Robert, I live in the Netherlands and I al actualiteit traveljbg abroad for 3 weeks to the Dutch Caribbean Islands. ( I leave the third of November).

I’d be happy to test from one side of the world to another and since I will be of (as in not working) I would be able to provide quite some feedback while I am there....

That said, it would require having the test unit arriving @ my home 2nd of November latest and support both 220V Netherlands socket and 110V US.

Let me know!

Regards
    Ray Wigmore

• This sounds fantastic. Curious what you think this will run? Would this allow me to connect back to my home to use my private DNS server with Pi-Hole? I’d love to try this out.

• I have intermediate knowledge in some areas, and am completely a noob in other areas. Is this a device that would theoretically let me use my home internet connection off a plug n play device (in my head it works off satellite signal)? For instance, at an airport with Paid WiFi, I could simply plug this device into an outlet and get internet using my home's bandwidth?

Or is this a device that would simply be an "easier" way to vpn into my home network to have access to my files?

I'm guessing it's the latter, but I simply don't know enough about networking haha.

• Probably way too late to join the beta testing but if you are looking for additional participation... I have a primary residence in the city served by fibre-based broadband and fibre-based IP TV (Bell Fibe). I also have a cottage by a lake with only a 3.5 Mbps broadband service. I would use the teleport at the cottage to connect, via my iPad to my IP-based TV service using the Bell TV app. The app effectively turns your iPad into an additional TV provided you are on the same home network. The Teleport would allow my iPad to appear to be on the same network as the IP TV receivers.

I use the Amplifi mesh router in the city and I also use an Amplifi HD at the cottage (the non-router device).

• How do I get into this Beta Process for Teleport? I am in San Diego CA and I have Fiber speed 1000mb down/up

• After just returning from a trip with a dd-wrt router I setup to do something similar, I would absolutely LOVE to just buy something like this off the shelf and not have to deal with the mess.

https://mention.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• @maj170123 I agree app integration would be great - however, where I believe the external device really helps is:

1. If you have bad wifi at a hotel, etc., this would likely boost that as well for your own AP.
    2. When you carry a laptop, phone, tablet, and streaming TV stick when you travel. They all just attach like they did at home and you don't have to go and login to each and every one every 24 hours (or pay multiple times per mac address).
    3. When your family comes with you and you don't want to have to go and setup all of their devices as well every time.

• So yeah, I'm interested. Hell this would be interesting for businesses too under the Unifi branding. We're looking to get into home wifi using Amplifi as the sole product of choice as it's the only one I can leave running and be sure there's unlikely to be anything the end user can do to break it. I have one on test now and another already ordered to be installed next week, our client takes trips to the Philippines every couple of weeks so I would love to see what happens with this. One question...

How can you use it if you need to run through paywall or other authenticated portal?

• Definitely interested. Consider me as a beta tester

• I travel extensively for IBM and have often found myself wishing for something exactly like the Teleport. That being said, I would love to help test this! 🙂

• Hi can I try it. I already have the Amplifi HD and mesh

• I have a Amplifi Mesh HD system with an additional Amplifi Router. I had it for over 11 months ago. I would be thrilled to be a beta tester. Will this act like a hotspot when I am away from my house ? That would be fabulous ! What will be the cost of the Teleport since I already have your router. The kickstart site states that all the options include a router, Thanks

• Wondering what is the price point for just the teleport device for folks who already have Amplfi systems. I see on Kickstarter it only comes with the router but i don't need another router to run this do I?

• I'm interested in hearing about the VPN performance. Currently my gigabit full duplex fiber is limited to about 450 mbps with the amplifi router hardwired to a computer. Direct connect or via a higher end router produces 960 mbps.

Does the current hardware have the processing capability to handle a decent connection with ipsec?

• @ck-m said in Introducing Teleport:

Wondering what is the price point for just the teleport device for folks who already have Amplfi systems. I see on Kickstarter it only comes with the router but i don't need another router to run this do I?

They recently opened a $89 Standalone Teleport KickStarter option for a later delivery in January.
    They refer to is as an 'award' for current AmpliFi owners, so not sure if it is indicative of the final retail price or not.

Very interesting that it states "*Note: The Teleport is only officially supported with an AmpliFi router."

• @derek-saville said in Introducing Teleport:

Very interesting that it states "*Note: The Teleport is only officially supported with an AmpliFi router."

It's only compatible with AmpliFi routers. Sorry for the wording!

• @brandon-west said in Introducing Teleport:

Does the current hardware have the processing capability to handle a decent connection with ipsec?

It's designed for portability and HD media streams.

• @ubnt-gunars Has anyone tried Remote play on a PS4 yet? This would be a major selling point to a lot of gamers if it allows that.

• If you're still looking for beta test subjects, I'll take the plunge.

J-