Portable & Fixed Installation Versions

• Just speculating, but the teaser picture looks like the Teleport will be geared towards portability.

A version for more long term fixed installations (i.e. secondary home) with virtual meshed LAN Ethernet ports, could be interesting.

I am assuming the Ethernet port in the picture is for connecting to the internet WAN via a router.

If you could just flip an app switch and configure an Amplifi HD Mesh Router into remote 'Teleport' mode, that would be cool.

• @derek-saville said in Portable & Fixed Installation Versions:

Just speculating, but the teaser picture looks like the Teleport will be geared towards portability.

A version for more long term fixed installations (i.e. secondary home) with virtual meshed LAN Ethernet ports, could be interesting.

I am assuming the Ethernet port in the picture is for connecting to the internet WAN via a router.

If you could just flip an app switch and configure an Amplifi HD Mesh Router into remote 'Teleport' mode, that would be cool.

Cool indeed! It's got my vote!

• A step further perhaps could be an input for an external aerial to better pickup distant wifi signal.

• Definitively a great addition would be another ethernet port for wired LAN connections. Like plugging a laptop, a VOIP phone. Or the application of a second office or a second home and a bridged router after the teleport. That would be a dream come true. Sharing printers, hard drives, scanners, phones, smart devices, etc.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.