Bypass NAT on a specific Ethernet port

• I currently have a Netgear R6400 router that has a 4 port switch built in. It allows you to turn off NAT for a specific Ethernet port allowing that port to have a direct connection to the Internet. I have an older Netgear router that I have setup to provide my Guest Network (Wired and WiFi). This allows me to keep the guest network on a separate subnet and use family friendly DNS servers. I hook the old router to the Ethernet port on the R6400 that I turned off NAT on. This helps prevent double NATing.

I have ordered a AMPLIFI HD kit (Router and 2 Mesh Points) and it should arrive soon. The AMPLIFI HD router is going to replace my Netgear R6400. Does the AMPLIFI HD router have the ability to turn off NAT for a specific Ethernet port? If not, can that be added to the feature request list?

• Hey @Rich-N,

Thanks for the question! We currently do not support turning off NAT on any of the LAN ports on our AmpliFi routers. But thank you for your suggestion! I will add it to the list of feature requests for future consideration.

If you have anymore questions or concerns about your new AmpliFi router head to help.amplifi.com where we have phone support from 9-5 M-F and 24/7 chat and email support.

Thank you,

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.