Firmware V2.8.5 Released

• Lots of problems here lets go back to the old firmware.

• No noticeable issues here on my end I'll ping back if I find something.

• @ubnt-brett Not seeing any negative impact on internet speeds. Everything has been stable since upgrade yesterday.

• @tim-letteer Can you please generate a copy of your support files and send them in referencing this community post? I would like to see if we can identify why your iPhones are experiencing this issue. Also, in the email if you can provide the MAC ID's for your iPhones that will help us identify the devices in the support logs. Thank you!

• @edward-dolezal awesome! thanks for the feedback

• @dave-martin Thank you so much for letting me know! Please let me know if anything changes but i'm assuming it wont 🙂

• @rob-berish What are some of the problems you are experiencing after updating?

• Hi Brett, we’re seeing slower speeds since the upgrade. Would we able able to send in our logs for investigation?

• No issues this end in the UK. Using in bridge mode with 2 (soon to be 3) Nest cams and lots of online gaming. Thanks!

• It seems that alot of people who are having device speed issues, may be suffering from what some people do on the Asus routers do, after the unit reboots it may be re negotiating a connection that's slower to the ISP, and after because the device has been left on for so long. I'd check with an ISP speed test.

• The only issue I do have is when I factory reset rest it keeps saying the cable is in plugged and I have to keep it unplugged to set it up properly which is annoying, I was going to make a request to change how the unit determines that the internet is connected when set to bridge mode, because it seems to ping back to google domains some of which are blocked in my pi hole, but also, when unblocked in pi and after I get it to bypass pi with the DNS filter in my rt-ac88u, it still has the issue of saying a cable is not connected till I reset the dhcp queries frequency from aggressive to normal it's from 30 to 120 second s then it's fine.

It would be nice if there was an alternative methods of determining connectivity such as a user specified DNS server eg an ISP DNS or open DNS for a ping back, to verify connectivity.

• @ubnt-brett - I chatted with Ron in support tonight and we did a lot of troubleshooting which didn’t work. We reverted to last firmware and everything is back to normal. Speeds are up to 400 again.

• @trent-harris I have downgraded to a previous release on AFI-R and I can report that Samsung Chromebook wireless experience is better in that it is much more stable. However, speeds are around 70% less than they should be with signal strength on a 5ghz radio less than 65% or so. While there can indeed some degradation based on signal strength, not at this level. Also, I only tested via meshpoints to date and I mention this because only my AFI-R was rolled back to previous code. When signal strength are at or above 65%, UL/DL speeds are near contracted internet speeds, which in my case is 100MB sync.

I do intend on pausing all meshpoints and re-tested the Chromebook when connected directly to AFI-R. I'll report back once completed.

• @tim-letteer how do you roll back the firmware? Are there instructions you can point me to?

• Hi @mike-gregory - once you obtain the firmware files from support you can use a web interface to manually update the firmware by going to amplifi.lan/fwupdate.php or directly to the device's ip address/fwupdate.php

• Hi, I'm also not seeing any stability issues with this firmware.
    Do you have changed channel list for country Spain?? In previous firmware we only have 36 to 48 channels and now in version 2.8.5 we also have channels above 144 that we can not use in our devices. Please check the channel and power assignments for this country. Thanks!

• @derek-saville perfect thanks

• @katmio-blog said in Firmware V2.8.5 Released:

Do you have changed channel list for country Spain?? In previous firmware we only have 36 to 48 channels and now in version 2.8.5 we also have channels above 144 that we can not use in our devices.

Latest regulations allow channel 149 for Spain and some other countries at reduced power - 25 mW. This channel is never selected automatically. But you can choose it manually if you want. Yes, I am aware that Samsung devices sold here in EU do not support higher 5 GHz channels. But most other devices do not have this restriction.

• I upgraded to 2.8.5 and had significant stability issues for which I submitted files to support. Issues included slow wi-fi, complete disconnects, devices remaining connected but unable to ping the gateway, regular loss of traffic to the internet (exhibited as significant loss on ICMP), etc.

In the end, I downgraded to 2.7.1 and had to completely factory reset to get the mesh points to reconnect. To be honest, it's all a bit of a pain as now I have to identify all my devices by MAC address, set up schedules etc.

On the plus side, my network on 2.7.1 is rock solid again so I'll stick with this until UBNT release a stable later build.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.