Slow speeds with Comcast Gigabit Router
I am constantly getting WiFi maximum of 200 Mbps on Amplifi FD, my ISP speeds are at Gigabit speeds. I have tried a number of things without avail.
I have tried the following
- Put Amplifi HD in bridge mode
- Enabled Hardware NAT
- Eliminated all possible double nat'ing, my ISP router is in bridge mode
- Connected wired connections to Amplifi HD - I get gigabit speeds in this case
- Factory reset
- Force channels etc
I am on version 2.8.9, I read on the forums here downgrading to version 2.6.3 fixes the issue. Could someone please guide me on how to downgrade my firmware
ed wired connections to Amplifi HD - I get gigabit speeds in this case
- To put the Amplifi HD in bridge are you using another router? (That's the only way it stays near gig speeds)
- Request 2.6.3 from the mods of the forums. Brett I believe... or contacting support while using the app.
- 2.6.3 will get you faster speeds but from what I have noticed it will dip down to 700 - 780 mbs in router mode after a few hours of use.
@tristan-baptist Thanks for your response. My responses
- Yes when I put Amplifi HD in bridge mode, I have another router in front of it, Edgerouter ERLite. I verified that I am getting gigabit speeds on this router
- I downgraded to 2.6.3 and still no improvement in speeds, even if I have the Amplifi HD right next to me.
I have given up hope on Amplifi HD
Similar issues here, but I am using the new Amplifi Gamers Edition Router. I have a 1gbps Comcast connection with Arris SB8200 cable modem. I have to consistently reboot the router daily to regain my 900+mbps download speeds via wired connections. After a few hours throughout the day, the system slows back down to around 100-300mbps. Reboot the Amplifi Router, back to 900+mbps download speeds. I am currently awaiting a new firmware to hopefully fix this issue...