Amplifi deadspots and phone

• Hello, all
    Just set up my new mesh system with Amplifi yesterday. I have a few minor issues still that I would appreciate assistance with.

1.I purchased a arris surfboard sb6190 modem to go along with it. I have not hooked up the modem yet because I have a lan line through spectrum and I was going to get a splitter so I can run the coax to both modems. Anyone know if this is possible?

I have the 400mbs internet through them and was only getting average 220-270. Once I hooked up the amplifi router I started getting 330-350 which is a big improvement but was hoping to get closer to 400.

2.The other issue I'm having is that one of the reasons I purchased a mesh system was to alleviate deadzones in my new home, but even with one of the mesh points in my front bed room I'm still receiving a poor signal around 20-50 mbs. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

• @sirxup Consult Spectrum for your modem setup, also let them know you are setting up a router behind it. As for your signal/ speed issues could you post the settings and signal levels for the mesh points?

• Thanks, I'll give them a call asap. I have 100% on one mesh and 84 on another. The 84 is in the room I was having / have the deadzone. The thing is the previous owner had the modem and router set up underneath the living room tv cabinet. Which happens to be a built in wall unit. This is the only part of the house that has a phone jack. I was considering having an electrician come in to do some ethernet drops. What do u need exactly for me to post specs?

• @sirxup It sounds like interference, you should be able to connect to it no problem in the same room unless there is a lot of interference there. Try moving the mesh point around to another location. What are your wired speeds like?

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.