Xfinity won't work with AmpliFi. I need help!

• I just purchased my AmpliFi system and love the coverage. The issue I have is it does not work with Xfinity when tying to view channels via the Xfinity Stream App. As it has been explained to me, Xfinity needs to be sourced from your main "Home Modem". Since AmpliFi is a mesh system, there could be multiple connection points. Is there a work-around for this issue? I love the coverage in my home but loose functionality of Xfinity. Please help!

• @kurt-newman This is a new issue that has not been reported before. Can you describe your network for me a little more in depth?

• What modem do you have from Xfinity? (model please).
    • Is AmpliFi in bridge mode or is your modem router combo in bridge mode?
    • If you have wireless being broadcast from both the modem/router and AmpliFi are they the same SSID?
    • Are you experiencing this when your devices are only connected to a mesh point or all nodes including the Xfinity modem/router?
    • Is this on the application only or on the website as well?
    • Xfinity limits some content to "In Home Only" access, are you seeing a block on all content or just the in home content?

• What modem do you have from Xfinity? (model please). I recently purchased Model AFI-HD Whole Home Wi-Fi
    Is AmpliFi in bridge mode or is your modem router combo in bridge mode? I installed my own Modem (Arris Surf Model SM619) Modem is connected Via Ethernet to AmpliFi Wireless System.
    If you have wireless being broadcast from both the modem/router and AmpliFi are they the same SSID? No, I am only utilizing the AmpliFi System to connect wirelessly.
    Are you experiencing this when your devices are only connected to a mesh point or all nodes including the Xfinity modem/router? I did leave an important part of the equation out of my original request for help, Xfinity strongly recommends utilizing ROKU for TV Steaming when a cable is not available for TV viewing. Since AmpliFi is a mesh system, Xfinity does not view the mesh point as my home Signal/Modem. I can add the Xfinity Stream App on the TV/ROKU but can not connect. All other wireless TV can be viewed on the smart TV in the bedroom that does not have cable. I can view Xfinity Stream App on my phone and laptop but not my paid channel (RAI Italia). Xfinity support states I should be able to view this live channel anywhere but I am not sure if I am getting correct answers from them.
    Is this on the application only or on the website as well?
    Xfinity limits some content to "In Home Only" access, are you seeing a block on all content or just the in home content? Correct, this is not the case. I cannot connect to the ROKU app. I have to say, I love the AmpliFi system and have NEVER had better coverage in my home, including utilizing signal boosters. "Mission Control" or where all communication comes into the home are in the basement adjacent to the garage floor and concrete wall. This has always provide a weak signal in the far reaching areas in the house on the second floor bedrooms. Xfinity offers a sub standard wireless/booster system but I did not want to rent. I hope I answered all your questions.

• Hi @kurt-newman - is it possible to retry the Roku activation for the Xfinity Stream app?
    Maybe it didn't take the first time?

• @derek-saville Thanks Derek, I tried multiple times and utilized Xfinity support.

• @Kurt-Newman If you think the issue is due to meshing, just kill the power to all mesh nodes but keep the main router plugged in, reboot your Xfinity stuff, and see if your problem goes away. That's a quick and easy way to test that.

• @kurt-newman Try what @Shane-Milton recommended and connect it to the main router and test. Or you can create an additional SSID from the main router only and connect devices to that SSID.

• @ubnt-brett I have no other way to connect to the Xfinity app, internet or any other means in the room where I am having the issue. The router is in the basement is connected directly to the AmpliFi module via ethernet cable. There is not a modem/router combination. The modem is an ARRIS 3800 connected directly to the AmpliFi Whole Home WI-FI system. From reading all the comments, I assume everyone is utilizing this system down stream of a Modem/router combination. Is this correct? If that is the case, how do I create an additional SSID from the main router? I will be doing some research on this in the mean-time.

• @kurt-newman said

The router is in the basement is connected directly to the AmpliFi module via ethernet cable. There is not a modem/router combination. The modem is an ARRIS 3800 connected directly to the AmpliFi Whole Home WI-FI system.

Hi @kurt-newman - it might help to confirm your setup in a little more detail. I have Xfinity installations with Surfboard modems + AmpliFi HD routers and have never had an issue with an Xfinity Stream apps on WiFi, but I don't use ROKU.

Sorry if this asking you to repeat yourself.

The cable comes into your basement and connects to a modem correct?
    Is that an SB6190?
    You mention an Arris SM619 modem and an Arris 3800 modem and I am not familiar with either of those modem models.
    Just want to be sure we have the correct modem model.

Then the modem connects directly to your AmpliFi HD router WAN Ethernet port correct?
    Just want to be sure there are no other devices between your modem and main HD router.

The HD Router is also located in the basement?
    And then you have 2 Meshpoints that came with the AmpliFi system located throughout the rest of the house?
    There are no other mesh points correct?

Is the ROKU a separate box or a steaming stick that you plug into your TV?

If you unplug the mesh points can you temporarily place your ROKU/TV close enough to connect directly to the AmpliFi HD router (i.e. in the basement) and see if the Xfinity Stream app works?

Since all of your other devices seem to work fine on WiFi it would help to know if the mesh points are causing the problem with ROKU, or if it might be some other incompatibility.

Thanks

• @kurt-newman Here is an article to help you create an additional SSID from your router: https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010201854-How-to-Add-an-Additional-SSID

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.