TING Gigabit Fiber and Amplifi

• We were just notified that TING fiber is coming to town and I want to understand if I can use my Amplifi with it. Today I have spectrum cable internet and everything works great. Anyone have TING? What gear do they bring inside the home?

• From my experience with Amplifi, you cannot reliably get anything over 300mbps on a wired or wireless connection, so really no point in having faster internet than that while using their system...

• AmpliFi should work fine with Ting.

• Work fine, sure, but won't provide you the speeds your paying your ISP for...

• I have Metronet Fiber coming to my house. It's advertised as "gigabit" down & 250 up. I regularly see 950mbps/265mbps speedtests over a wired connection to my AmpliFi. I'm not sure how similar TING and Metronet are but in my case, fiber is ran into my basement where it's terminated with a jumper fiber cable going to a small box with an ethernet port on it (I call this small box a Fiber modem - it functionally replaces your cable modem).

• @scott-mckinney said in TING Gigabit Fiber and Amplifi:

From my experience with Amplifi, you cannot reliably get anything over 300mbps on a wired or wireless connection, so really no point in having faster internet than that while using their system...

If that's your experience, then something is wrong. I don't know what but AmpliFi can easily provide much higher than 300mbps over ethernet when properly configured on non-defective hardware. The main thing you need to do (from stock settings) is enable Hardware NAT & reboot it, then it should "just work".

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.