IPv6 DNS servers and DNS over TLS (DoT) support

• I know there are a few posts regarding the the ability to set preferred IPv6 DNS servers, but I think it would be equally beneficial (and perhaps just as important) if DNS over TLS support was added. I’d love to see AmpliFi (Uniquiti) to take a more consumer centric security/privacy posturing as a whole!

• @johanns-gregorian said in IPv6 DNS servers and DNS over TLS (DoT) support:

I know there are a few posts regarding the the ability to set preferred IPv6 DNS servers, but I think it would be equally benifical (and perhaps just as important) if DNS over TLS support was added. I’d love to see AmpliFi (Uniquiti) to take a more consumer centric security/privacy posture as a whole!

I agree, native support in AmpliFi would be awesome!

A couple options we currently have (not to diminish the value of your request, just to add value for now while we're do not have this feature):

1. Right now, you can always host your own internal DNS and have your AmpliFi use it when sending DNS settings via DHCP (I believe there are some bugs being actively worked on right now)
    2. If you have more proper Ubiquiti equipment, you can forcefully redirect DNS requests to your own internal DNS. This covers devices that ignore DHCP.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.