Arrange MeshPoints manually i.e. to force a MeshPoint to connect to another MeshPoint rather than to the router

• I have the router (R) at one end of my house, a MeshPoint (M1) in the middle and another MeshPoint (M2) at the other end of the house.

The problem I have is that M2 keeps trying to connect directly to R. When it does this, the app reports poor signal strength and M2 has one blue dot lit.

If I turn M2 off and then on again, it first connects to M1 -- with excellent signal strength (five blue dots or whatever the max is).

There is a noticeable performance drop when M2 connects to R (using Netflix on my iPad near M2) vs M2 connected to M1 (flawless).

So I'd like to be able to arrange the router and MeshPoints manually using the app.

• @michael-zdrowski The Meshpoint could be connecting back to the router because that is where the best performance is coming from. I explain the process in this post: https://community.amplifi.com/topic/134/how-do-i-force-one-meshpoint-to-connect-to-the-other/35

You could be in a situation because of environmental interference that some adjustments for best performance could be needed. Please try performing speed tests (speedtest.net) right after rebooting the M2 while its connected to M1 and once again after it switches its connection back to R and share with us the results.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.