Setup Individual Wireless SSID for 2.4 and 5 GHz bands

• How to setup separate wireless SSID and password for 2.4 and 5 GHz bands other than "Guest"
    Thanks!

• Hey JJ,

Take a look here: https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010201854-Adding-an-Additional-SSID

If you have more questions let me know!

• I can add additional SSID, but no option to set separate passwords. Amplifi uses common password for dual bands and additional SSIDs. Like to have individual passwords for each SSIDs
    Is this something Amplifi's to do list?

• @j-j I don't think this is possible at the moment, although I could be wrong.

Just to help the UBNT folks understand better, why are you wanting to do this? This doesn't change the fact that this is important to you but that might help them understand your bigger-picture needs and prioritize their work better considering your needs and others' needs. For instance, it seems a lot of IoT scenarios are popping up on these boards a lot, and if you're asking to help manage your IoT devices, that might help encourage them to prioritize those features they're working on there which would help not just you but others. 🙂

• Thanks @Shane-Milton
    There are couple of reasons to have a separate SSID & Password (from my preference)

• 90% of wireless routers in the market are having this option to choose either combined or individual password for their dual and tri-bands

• Those who are upgrading from a router with individual password setup, it's easy to migrate to Amplifi HD, if this option is available, just use the same SSIDs and passwords as the previous router and all connected devices can recognize the new settings and connect automatically. Some of the devices like phones & pads, just key in the new password is easy. But most of the home devices, it's very hard to reset and configure to get it connected to the new router like Amplifi with a single password option.

Hope this makes sense!

• Hi @j-j - are you wanting these additional SSID's with unique passwords to be separated from the main mesh and on their own network?

• @derek-saville
    Now Amplifi uses single password for both 2.4 band 5Ghz band in main wireless. I was asking for an option to have one password 2.4 band and another password for 5 band. Similar situation for additional SSIDs

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.