No Multicast TV Channels after Router Swap

• This issue has still not been rectified even with the latest firmware v3.0.0

I now have FTTP.
    Ethernet from ONT to Amplifi in PPPoE mode still won't pass IPTV, although iPlayer etc.. works. Only way to use the Amplifi is to place it in bridge mode after a Draytek 2860ac.

IGMP not working in PPPoE mode although internet connection is available to the built-in apps on the IPTV box.

• @jon-nicholls

Hi Jon. Have you tried the 3.1.0 update? I have BT TV like you and am hoping for some progress before I pull the trigger on an Amplifi HD!

• @simon-brushett

Latest firmware still does not work v3.1.0 This is turning out to be an expensive mistake. I bought all separate units so that I wasn't tied to a kit, so I basically have a £385 pile of junk. The engineers have been notified months ago this was an issue for UK users but nothing seems to have been done to fix it. The addition of new features seems to take precedence over important issues being fixed.

We need IGMP to work through a PPPoE connection.

• update

Latest firmware v3.1.1 still does not allow IPTV packets through in PPPoE mode.

• @jon-nicholls said in No Multicast TV Channels after Router Swap:

Latest firmware v3.1.1 still does not allow IPTV packets thr

Not sure if you've tried this (I've just skimmed the thread).. I spent weeks trying to diagnose why Sky On Demand wasn't working for my boss using a Draytek 130 modem, in a similar setup to yours (using a Fortigate instead of an AmpliFi) and I changed the VC-Mux setting to LLU, and this instantly resolved.

Not sure if it will make a difference in your scenario, but worth a try?

• @martin-adams

I'm now connected to FTTP, not FTTC and have NO access to the fibre ONT settings.
    Because I'm now on FTTP, a copper modem like the Draytek 130 won't work.

The only way to rectify this is for the techs to fix the firmware to allow IGMP through a PPPoE connection as the inbuilt internet apps on the Youview box work fine.

• Guys is this still not working for you. I have a similar situation with a 130 and Amplify HD surely this needs to be resolved.

• @nick No it still doesn’t work by purely using the AMPLIFI.

It will only work by placing it in bridge mode and using a router that can pass IGMP. This will allow both IPTV & internet through.

This configuration will work for both FTTC, with or without a separate modem, & FTTP. I don’t think anyone buys this to have two routers running though.

Please fix this as I can’t honestly recommend the Amplifi to anyone in the UK if they have both internet and multicast IPTV.

bridge mode and using a router that can pass IGMP. This will allow both IPTV & internet through.
    This configuration will work for both FTTC, with or without a separate modem, & FTTP. I don’t think anyone buys this to have two routers running though.
    Please fix this as I can’t honestly recommend the Amplifi to any

Defeats the whole object of me replacing my Asus RT ac87u. This is extremely disappointing, to say the least, and cannot understand how this product is even available here in the UK considering the main service providers Sky and BT would require a router which can pass IGMP. Considering that this model has now been out for over a year now what are the chances of them fixing this.

Thanks

as I can’t honestly recommend t

Jon for me to understand better, I am having FTTP installed and the router is a Technicolour DGA 4130. Putting this in bridge mode even if it supports IGMP will not work correctly?

Thanks for your help

• @martin-adams said in No Multicast TV Channels after Router Swap:

e if it will make a difference in your scenario, bu

Hello Martin did you change this on the Draytek 130?

Thanks

• @nick If the router worked under FTTC I see no reason why it shouldn’t work under FTTP as long as it has a RJ45 WAN port. It will also need to be placed in PPPoE mode once connected to the ONT.

The fibre ONT replaces the ‘normal’ copper modem. Connect RJ45 from ONT to WAN port of router.

Setup for me is:-

Openreach Fibre ONT RJ45 -> WAN2 on Draytek2860ac in PPPoE mode -> LAN1 Draytek2860ac -> WAN on AmplifiHD in Bridge mode -> LANs out to various equipment/switches.
    But I bought the Amplifi to be able to remove the Draytek from the equation and use the mesh system. We need the AmplifiHD to pass IGMP in PPPoE mode.

WiFi radios switched off on Draytek. I bought all separate Amplifi parts as opposed to the kit (so I could mix and match) and it wasn't cheap - 2x AmplifiHD routers 1x MeshpointHD.

I would have thought by now this issue would have been dealt with, being an off shoot of Ubiquiti.

• Keeping alive as still not fixed

• @jon-nicholls I'll add myself to this list too.... I have FTTP and currently have a white BT box on the wall (I presume this is the ONT you mention). Currently i maintain the BT HomeHub (HH) with WiFi disabled and an ethernet cable from that to my YouView box. The HH is then connected via the LAN to the AmplifiHD where everything else on my network is connected either wired or wirelessly.

If i replicate your setup using the HH in place of the Draytek, does that mean the YouView plugged into the AmplifiHD will work? I have a slightly specific issue in that I use a Powerline to go the YouView box and I now have an Nvidia Shield that I would like to run off this too (it has 3 Ports) but because the Powerline is connected to the HH, it cannot see anything else on the network, namely my NAS...

Ultimately I'd love to get rid of the BT HH and just use the Amplifi - surely it cannot be difficult!?

• @scott-mckenzie in case anyone else is wondering.... I can confirm that having tested it last night, it does work putting the AmplifiHD in bridge mode behind the BT HomeHub (SmartHub), this is specifically when using FTTP. My Powerline units work, throughput is good and everything can talk to everything.

It does however severely affect the functionality of the AmplifiHD which is frustrating, it's also unnecessary if the AmplifiHD should be able to do it anyway!!!

• @scott-mckenzie Glad to see you’ve got your setup working after a fashion, basically the same as mine. As you said we shouldn’t have to resort to this as the AmplifiHD should be capable of doing this anyway. I’ve been waiting 10 months for this to be fixed.

• Keeping alive

• Keeping Alive

• @Jon-Nicholls your Draytek's NAT capabilities and features blow everything else completely out of the water. Why would you want to replace it by AmpliFi for routing? Won't you miss WAN failover, VPN capabilities, Dynamic DNS, web filtering and all the other magical things that your Draytek can achieve? When you have the amazing 2860 then I really don't think that you can miss any of the features that other routers might offer. I just use AmpliFi as an access point and enjoy its excellent WiFi coverage but would never dream of it replacing my Draytek as the main router.

• @Ali-Hadi

I wanted a neater mesh solution for home from a company that deals with corporate networks. But as we've found out, being great in the corporate arena doesn't necessarily translate to being great in the consumer arena.

We still have issues with IPTV multicast over PPPoE in the UK with this unit in that it does not work properly with only the Amplifi components.

JonUK