How to achieve fastest speeds to gaming device (mesh point vs. mesh router) ?

• Community Admins (or users),

Looking for advice to achieve fastest possible speed/signal for gaming!

I currently have an Amplifi router located on the 2nd floor of a 3-level town home (built in 2004, around 2-2.5k sq ft) and wireless mesh points in both the 1st level bedroom and 3rd level bedroom (gaming PC location).

Will any of the options below provide faster speeds than a wireless mesh connection to my gaming PC on the 3rd floor?

1. Amplifi mesh router (instead of mesh point) - Hard wire PC to mesh router via ethernet
      1. Connect a high-end Wifi extender to Amplifi network (nighthawk, etc?) - Hardwire PC to wifi extender
      1. Use a 2-piece powerline wifi extender to create in-house LAN ---
        Plug powerline adaptor into amplifi router via ethernet (also plugged into wall socket). Plug powerline wifi mesh point into wall socket next to gaming PC, connect gaming PC to mesh point via ethernet

I've scowered online trying to find the best way to accomplish this, feel like I'm going in circles. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Jason

• @jason-dong Here is my personal opinion on your layout. A hardwired connection is always going to be better than wireless, so configuring your network with a powerline ethernet adapter (as long as its not limited to 10/100) is the next best thing over running a true ethernet line to your gaming rig. Power line adapters can be finicky and there are limitations to their use, so this is with the assumption that your home is on one circuit and can support that.

The next best option out of your list would be adding an AmpliFi router (AFI-R) to your network as a wireless Meshpoint then a hardwire connection to your gaming rig. Eliminating one more wireless connection will improve performance, but you will still be limited to wireless speeds because of the wireless mesh hop from router to router.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.