WiFi throughput drops when using PPPoE

• Hi,

I have 2 standalone Amplifier Mesh Routers (AFi-R) currently used in my network system. I'm using fiber internet (dl300mbps/ul100mbps) connected by fiber modem I received from ISP.

1st AFi-R - Setup as a router in PPPoE mode connected from fiber modern which configured in bridge mode.

2ndbAFi-R - Setup as a RAMP with Ethernet backbone

Configurations
    802.11k enabled
    802.11v enabled
    A-MSDU enabled
    Hardware NAT disabled
    Band steering ON router steering OFF
    Same SSID, manual defined channel in both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz

The problem here is the 1st AFi-R can achieve 5Ghz WiFi throughput just 380mbps at Max (350mbps avg.) where internet speed is about 250mbps.

Compared to the 2nd AFI-R can serve up to 720mbps (690+ avg.) and I can get full internet speed at 300mbps

Tested by using Wi-Fi SweetSpots and Speedtest on iPhone 6s placed next to the units and I'm sure it's connected to 5Ghz to each unit during the test.

I've tried several scenarios e.g. factory reset / switch between both AFi-R but results are the same. Enabling hardware NAT also the same. The AFI-R as a router gets WiFi speed drops compared to the one in RAMP mode.

Has anyone experienced this problem and know how to fix, or is it something a known limitation?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.