Slower Speeds over Ethernet

• On wifi I am getting the speeds I pay for from my provider. When I am on my desktop which is hardwired I only receive half of that speed. I have hardware NAT enabled and IPV6. As far as I can tell everything is configured properly.

I am not running in bridge mode as I do not have a modem/router from my isp. I have my own Motorola modem.

Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks!

• I just tested mine over WiFi and Ethernet and both are as expected.

Do you have a firewall enabled on your computer by chance? I noticed if I have Little Snitch installed my speeds 3x slower than they should, without Little Snitch installed my speeds are back to normal.

-Mike

• I wish it was that simple. I turned off the firewall and it still does not get up to speed.

• Hi @myles-brunnegraff - have you tried different Ethernet cables, different ports, or just re-seating the cables?

What are your ISP speeds?

• @derek-saville I've run into all of these. Especially old cables with hard to read labelling (combined with old eyes.)

@Myles-Brunnegraff: Make sure it's at least a CAT 5e cable. Check for slightly bent pins in the ports (or dust bunnies.) Also check your ethernet settings on your desktop, could be less than optimal MTU, or duplex is wrong etc.

• @chris-dunlop Are you running V3.0.0 and checking the speed using the Amplifi app? If yes, try checking the speed with a different speed testing app such as Speedtest. I say this because for me the speed shown by v3.0.0 of Amplifi's app is showing drastically lower speeds than those shown by other speed testing apps.

• @james-ford Hey James. I'm not having any problems at all. Haven't really used the built in speed test since September 2017 because is tends to be pretty far off where I am.

• @myles-brunnegraff Are you running V3.0.0 and checking the speed using the Amplifi app? If yes, try checking the speed with a different speed testing app such as Speedtest. I say this because for me the speed shown by v3.0.0 of Amplifi's app is showing drastically lower speeds than those shown by other speed testing apps.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.