Initial Ethernet Speeds are Slow

• Issue: Over ethernet, Cat5e, the initial speeds report as 2/100 Mbps. If I power off the unmanaged switch and unplug the cable from the wall, wait about 30 secs, then plug into the PC that that is on and retest I get full 150/150 speeds which is the max for my ISP. This pattern happens consistently each time the PC is started up. I tested this with another laptop and I get the same behavior.

Originally this ethernet was running over power and I thought my issue was due to this. Recently had new Cat5e run to the PC and I am still experiencing the issues.

Why is the speed on the initial lease slow? Once the lease is renewed it begins performing.

• Ended up chatting with support tonight. They had me assign a static ip to my PC and now it is working. The speeds are actually exceeding my ISP speeds.

If you have a device on ethernet I would highly suggest creating a static lease for it. There seem to be some issues with their IP Table process that is slowing down the speeds in some cases.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.