No connectivity to AmplifiHD mesh router

• I've had a couple of instances where we had no connectivity to our AmplifiHD system. This includes both WiFi and wired connections. I have tried to connect the AmplifiHD local setup web page via the wired connection and the status of my ethernet cable was "not connected" (as if the cable was unplugged). This has happened both on version 2.9.5 as well as 3.0.0. Also, this first occurred not long after updating to 2.9.5. The touch screen was responive so I could use it to get the ip address for the purpose of attempting to connect using a wired connection via a web browser. Disconnecting/reconnecting power to the mesh router has fixed this issue (at least temporarily). The occurances were on the order of a week apart. Has anyone else seen this type of problem? Thanks in advance.

• @spencer-newland said in No connectivity to AmplifiHD mesh router:

status of my ethernet cable was "not connected"

Was this an error you were seeing on the LCD screen referencing the WAN cable or was this an issue you were having with a device connected to one of the LAN ports?

• Hi Brett,

Thanks for the reply. The "cable is not connected" information came from the computer that was connected with a wired connection to one of the LAN ports (as seen from MacOS->System Preferences->Network). There were no errors on the AmplifiHD LCD screen and the LCD was responsive. I don't rember with 100% certainty but I belive the PORT STATUS screen on the LCD showed normal (WAN port and 2 of the LAN ports indicating a connection).

Also, there are a couple more details that I didn't mention earlier. I'm running in bridge mode so that my ISPs router is handling the DHCP server and I've recently enabled "Additional SSID" on one of the mesh points. The AppleTV seems to be very fussy about which mesh point is best and the "Additional SSID" feature helps that greatly. Thanks again.

• Just a quick update. The problem did happen again. I can confirm that the LCD is reposnsive and that the WAN port was showing as connected. Of the LAN ports, two should have been connected but only one was showing as connected. The LAN port being used by the wired Mac was showing not connected. The LAN port that was showing connected was to a wired Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately there is no display or keyboard connected to the Raspberry Pi so I wasn't able to confirm any connectivity (I usually connect to it via VNC).

I see that 3.0.1 is out but I have not installed it yet.

The LAN port being used by the wired Mac was showing not connected.

I assume the Mac at this point also showed that it was not connected?
    You could have LAN hardware failure, however sometimes a simple reseating of the ethernet cable or replacing the cable can be a solution. To test for a bad LAN port, change the ethernet cable AND swap LAN ports for your Mac and Raspberry pi. If we see the Raspberry pi disconnect, then the suspected LAN port is probably the culprit.

We have the RMA option if it is hardware failure. Let me know how the testing goes and i'll help you process the RMA exchange if needed.

• Thanks again Brett,

I'll try swaping cable and ports if the connectivity problem happens again. Here one quick question though; can a flaky LAN port cause all WiFi devices to loose connectivity? This incident is just like the other events where all WiFi devices lost connectivity as well as the wired devices.

can a flaky LAN port cause all WiFi devices to loose connectivity?

Highly unlikely, but I have witnessed some inexplicable things before when it comes to technology so I never rule anything out. If the event occurs again, can you try and generate support files from the router before any kind of power cycle takes place? That might help us identify the issue as well.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.