Intermittent Mesh Point Connectivity

• Hi, I have the AmpliFi Router HD with two Mesh Points covering my house. Ever since ~v2.2 of the firmware, the Mesh Points Intermittently lose connectivity to the main router. Currently on the latest v2.4.3 and still has the problem. The Mesh Points are always showing 86-100% Signal Strength. I can fix it by unplugging the Mesh Point and plugging it back in (can't remotely reboot it since it's not actually connected to the network). Or I can wait a few hours and it magically reconnects and starts working again. This is very frustrating as you roam the house to have a very strong wifi signal, but no connectivity to the rest of the network.

Anyone else experience this? Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware back to a working version?

I'm about to give up and move on to other wifi mesh products.

• Hey Jim, have you reached out to any of our support lines about this issue? We would love to help you with this, please follow this link to view all of our contact options. https://help.amplifi.com

-Thank you

• I was just bragging to a collegue yesterday about the Amplifi system working perfectly for me. Then, last night I encountered problems for the first time.
    On the first floor, I had (full) wifi connection but no internet and could also not use the app as it did not find my router. After disabling and enabling wifi a couple of times, I did briefly get access to the router in the app but that lasted very short. At some points, the wifi just connected entirely. Too bad you can't see whether the device connects to the router or the meshpoint.

It sounds like a similar experience as you had, hopefully it will stay with this one time.

• When the app is running you can goto the devices list and drill down on a device by clicking on it and then clicking on the details. The next page will display the endpoint that device is connected to, along with many other details.

• I have a MeshPoint HD connected to a 3rd party WiFi router which had been working flawlessly for months.
    Recently there are periods where my iPhone can no longer connect to the MeshPoint's WiFi - on my iPhone it looks like it tries to connect and then immediately drops.
    If I roam back towards the router, I can pick up the WiFi signal again and internet access works fine, but the AmpliFi app will not find the MeshPoint, so there is no way to check its status or reboot it.
    I have to physically unplug the MeshPoint and plug it back in to get it working again.
    This is occuring after updating to firmware 2.4.3.

I would also like to know how to revert back to an older version of the firmware?

• @jim-morrow @UBNT-Brett @UBNT-Gunars I have exactly the same problem. Some of my mesh points are at 100% for few hours and then back to levels below 20%. Reboot always fixes the problem for few hours. Really frustrating.

• @German-Martinez, @Derek-Saville, @Jim-Morrow: we need support info from your devices to solve this. Please, collect it as soon as possible after observing the issue, and before any resets or power cycling.

• I am seeing this behavior since the last firmware update that had the kraken vulnerability fix.

I contacted support again tonight, the first time two days ago, they just had me turn off band steering. It improved the symptom, but still did the same thing two days later. Each mesh point showed the connections issue at different times.

They gave me instructions and a link to downgrade my firmware back to 2.4.0. I also did a capture of the mesh point when it was in a state where it wasn't transferring any data, but showed connected to the router at 100% strength.

Hope this will confirm that there was an issue with the firmware update and a fix will be in the works soon.

• @marc-goins I have the same symptoms. For me it shows this in random mesh points as well. Paging @UBNT-Gunars for confirmation.

• @german-martinez
    Same problem here. Thought for a while it was resolved, but it does appear randomly. Hope it gets fixed!

• @German-Martinez: we'll try to reproduce this in our lab. Will keep you updated.

• I have been running 2.4.0 now for two days, and have not seen any of the mesh point stalls like with 2.4.3. I have had speed degradation over time on the mesh point, but nothing like it was doing previously.

I did a single reboot on the mesh point and things were back to normal. Hope this can be found so the stability of the system is back the way it was.

Thank you for working on this and providing us feedback.

• Agreed, definitely seeing a lot of pausing and reduced speed with mesh points dropping in and out since the beta update as well. I have emailed log files as well.

• @scott-mckinney did you try the latest RC4 on the beta forums ?

• I'm having the same intermittent connection issues. Every morning my devices would complaint that "there's no internet service" or "IP configuration failure". Rebooting by unplugging and plugging would always fix the problem for the whole day until the next morning.

• Any update when the next firmware release with these fixes is scheduled to come out? I am sorry, but this is ridiculous that the Amplifi has such major issues and hasn't been fixed in over 3 months. I am about to sell this thing and go with something else. I am tired of having to reboot my router and mesh points every few days. Some form of communication on what is going on would belay some of my frustrations.

Thanks! 🙂

• @marc-goins said in Intermittent Mesh Point Connectivity:

Any update when the next firmware release with these fixes is scheduled to come out? I am sorry, but this is ridiculous that the Amplifi has such major issues and hasn't been fixed in over 3 months. I am about to sell this thing and go with something else. I am tired of having to reboot my router and mesh points every few days. Some form of communication on what is going on would belay some of my frustrations.

Thanks! 🙂

It has been a very frustrating wait...and for more than 2 months I also haven't been able to see any devices listed under the Family tab on the v1.7.0 iOS app. Amplifi support said it was a "known issue" and a fix forthcoming, but again that was more than 2 MONTHS ago 😞

If it wasn't for the potential of the Teleport device I would have sent my kits to the recycle bin already.
    If Teleport also fails to deliver on its hype (and a whole bunch of bug fixes with updated apps and firmware) then game over...

• Just had a mesh point drop it's connection randomly earlier this evening. Suddenly my WiFi TV stopped responding until it reconnected directly to the router.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.