Will there ever be DMZ?

• Re: DMZ Support or Better Port Forwarding Feature

I have my AmplifiHD behind another router so I can use AmplifiHD strictly for the WiFi and the other router for wired connections. However, there are still wired ports on the AmplifiHD that I'm using (until I can get a switch I guess, but I'm like literally one port short so I'm using the Amplifi's LAN ports). It'd be super nice to have DMZ so I didn't have to set up port forwarding (because of many limitations with it). In this sense, DMZ makes sense because it's behind the other router/firewall. I'm not putting into AP mode either because of some of the feature loss. It actually works quite well, two subnets and a route between them. Perfect. Precisely where I want my guest WiFi network, etc. All good, except DMZ.

Does anyone else not do this? The alternative would be to get Unifi APs which I should probably have done in the first place...But I was sold on AmplifiHD. Not thrilled with its speed, but it doesn't matter much for the devices using WiFi, the coverage and simplicity is a good trade off. I don't have to manage it. I can manage my own stuff, rest of the family can deal with Amplifi. So with how I'm using it, I feel like it's just this one small feature that is standing in the way of it being awesome.

I understand the target audience, but even many basic home routers have DMZ.

• @tom-maiaroto Thanks for the suggestions, we will add this to our feature request list for future consideration.

• @tom-maiaroto does upnp work?

• @edward-dolezal There is UPnP but it's not quite what I'm after. I might just move a device. I have my server under the AmplifiHD still and while I put all the IPMI ports on port forwarding, I should probably just move it. Again, I'll eventually just get a switch and/or more capable router but it's just one port today haha. Years from know I know it'll be more, but for the love of one port ūüôā

• @tom-maiaroto ahh yes I understand you needed the device to just bypass the firewall, makes sense I agree that DMZ should be enabled also.

They can add my vote to it.

• You got my vote as well.

• @ui-jt No DMZ is a show stopper for me. Love the AmpliFi MeshPoint HD (have two going to order another) but need the ability for testing.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.