Firmware v3.1.0?

• @mark-seall That is correct, and I verified your MAC ID's to see that they are meshed together properly. I will be researching this further to see why this error occurred in your situation.

• @kent-husvik Would you mind sharing exactly what happened to your network after updating so we can identify any possible issues? The over heating part is a new development and one of concern.

• Update now complete. Happy to report no problems, and speeds definitely seem consistently faster (getting just under 500mbs, which was rare before as speeds would often be around 250mbs). Also.... the super annoying App timeouts have gone. So definitely progress. Especially since coming to Amplifi from an Apple Airport setup I am not used to this whole concept of having to think about crashes, issues, rollbacks, and any kind of unreliability..

• @ui-brett

today update from 3.1.0rc0 0-gc6ada0d416 to 3.1 0-g72de585617

New option on web-gui ?

alt text

• Several customers have received the 3.1.0 version and are inconvenienced with this version. The blending of the wifi is less stable. It also applies that the main unit gets very hot. And after the restart an IP conflict arises.
    Something suddenly behaves like a dhcp unit, so that the basic unit goes out. (screen on black)

• Another problem and wish is if an extra added Wi-Fi point is not visible or can be updated in firmware. So if an extra amplifi point is added and you can upgrade the system, the separate wifi point will not be upgraded. Remotely updating via the app only works for a backbone, ampli-set and not if an extra WiFi point has been added
      That should really be possible.-

Version 3.0.1. was the best version so far. Also the WiFi stability of the 3.0.1 was better.

I was able to upgrade all my customers and have done a few. Almost all of these customers experience unstable WiFi. The 3.1.0 update that I could do with other customers was suddenly gone.

Now I suddenly see the 3.1.0 update again. Is this version different?

• @ui-brett
    Well finely they were all able to be updated. Yeh they are setup as mesh systems and none in bridge mode. They are setup as completely different networks at the same location because of distance and internet bandwidth availability it just required them to be completely separate mesh systems - lack of bandwidth per ISP hookup so had to use separate isp accounts. I will say that one mesh system gave the prompt soon after the release and the other never prompted, I just had to keep hitting the firmware update button to make it check but yesterday it finally said there was a update. Any way everything seems to be running smoothly on the new firmware. Thank you for your suggestions.

• I am out of town using my teleport. I see the update can I apply the update using the app logged in from the teleport?

• @絵馬絵馬 Yes this is a new feature we have been working on! You can now add or remove your meshed devices from our beta program by toggling this option in the WebUI.

• @sammie-phelan If you have remote access enabled you can, or connected through Teleport (similar concept as you are connected to your home network)

• @jaco-hage said in Firmware v3.1.0?:

Another problem and wish is if an extra added Wi-Fi point is not visible or can be updated in firmware. So if an extra amplifi point is added and you can upgrade the system, the separate wifi point will not be upgraded. Remotely updating via the app only works for a backbone, ampli-set and not if an extra WiFi point has been added
    That should really be possible.-

Im not sure I understand. If an additional mesh point is added to your mesh, but offline at the time it will prompt a warning that you should update all points at one time. This is for both kits and all stand alone units added to your mesh.

The only way they will not be updated all together is if the mesh points are added using 3rd party mode and not mesh mode. In that situation they are seen as independent networks, not relying on each other to be on the same firmware. Can you confirm how they are configured for me?

The over heating is a concern that was reported once before but I was unable to follow up and gather more details. Can you elaborate on this for me so I can investigate further? Is it only during the updating process or is it after the unit has been updated that it continues to overheat?

• @ui-brett Suppose we have configured an amplifi set and we are adding an extra mesh antenna. The extra WiFi mesh point is in the same network and is configured as it should with the '' add to mesh '' option, With your own WiFi you can access it and upgrade to the new firmware.
    If you link to the account on Facebook or Google and you approach the system, you can see the IP clients and the extra mesh point, but you cannot upgrade it manually. This is only possible in the own WiFi network ,. There you can see the added mesh point in the app and you can upgrade it. Not at a distance.

The heat originated from version 3.0.1
    Version 3.0.1 was the most stable version. The wifi became much stronger and more stable. Possibly from this version we sometimes hear complaints that the unit is getting very hot. We switch off the bottom light as standard and the display at half power. We sometimes notice conflicts or the warming up of the main router. The display is then dark. By connecting the power off and on again, it works again.
    We have now installed over 200 unit pairs. They are some who have this problem.

Once again my customers experience the most stable WiFi and IP stability with the 3.0.1 version

• I upgraded to 3.1.0 and did a factory reset. Still having issues with it.

Rolled back to 2.9.5 and reloaded my config and all is good again. I'll hang out here until the next release. I was really looking forward to trying out the teleport feature - I want to see if I can do offline transfers from my Dish Hopper to my phone when away from home since they normally require you to be on the LAN.

• @billy-c when you did the update did you manually set it all back up after the reset, because if you just reloaded the config there might be an issue.

• @UI-Brett

I'm not sure what to share with you, but I did and upgrade to 3.1 from the app.

The device was so warm that I needed to cool it down. (With Fridge elements)
    It was so unstable, rebooting and WIFI did not work for more than a minute or two.
    I did a rollback to version 3.0.1 and that works.

If you want, I can update it again and you can monitor it?

• @kent-husvik I have no means to monitor your network, so if you were to update to 3.1.0 once again, I would have you gather support files from the router when it is overheating and we can check the logs to see if anything can be found.

• @ui-brett

I have the same problem and have not yet reverted. How can i gather logs?

• @ui-brett found it. Sent to help@amplifi.com. Request 171292

• @alexander-boersch Thank you! Please clarify which issue for me please. Are you experiencing overheating?

• @ui-brett overheating and sporadic wifi disconnects. Lan works fine.
    Tried both soft reboot and hard (plug in/out).
    Disabling A-MSDU via Web Interface appears to have fixed the sporadic disconnects.
    Heat still an issue.
    I sent another support info (request 171384).

Please advise when you have a new version.

• @edward-dolezal Yes, started from scratch.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.