Teleport App on iOS problem

• Sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the "Teleport" forum appears to be for the hardware Teleport product. And the iOS forum appears to be for other iOS apps, not Teleport. Also, this might be a router problem, not strictly the mobile app.

I have only the AmpliFi HD - no other mesh antennas - and the AmpliFi HD appears to be working perfectly. No obvious problems or network issues. My ISP is Comcast/Xfinity.

I can't get the Teleport app to work at all while connected to Sprint's data network. At first I thought I was doing something wrong because the app wouldn't accept the code. After entering the code I get various messages: a) Could not establish connection; b) Code not found; c) The data couldn't be read because it isn't in the correct format. I tried it several times over the course of several hours and it wouldn't work.

When I got to a coffee shop I tried the Teleport app again. This time I was connected to a Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot and the Teleport app worked properly.

After I was satisfied that the VPN was working properly with various apps and streaming services I disconnected the VPN, turned off my Wi-Fi, and confirmed that I had a good Sprint data connection. Then I tried to turn the Teleport VPN on again. This time it attempts to connect. I get the message saying "Connecting to internet" for about 20 seconds, then it says "Tunnel active." After about another 20 seconds it comes back with "You are disconnected."

If the animated graphic is accurate, when the "Tunnel active" message appears the app has successfully connected to my AmpliFi HD. It then looks like it's trying to connect to the internet, which is where things fail.

I've tried this many times over the weekend and the results are always the same.

I don't see any way to diagnose the problem. The messages are vague so I don't really know what's happening. Any idea if this should work with Sprint in the first place?

• @robert-stoeber I will test this using a sprint mobile phone to try and replicate. Can you please generate support files from your AmpliFi router after the connection fails so we can diagnose this?

• I assume the support files you need come from the AmpliFi app. (I donโ€™t see anything like that in the Teleport app.)

Do you need the support files from the AmpliFi HD device, or the iPhone device or both?

How do I reference you, or this post, or the topic?

• Support file was just sent about 6:05 pm Mountain time Monday evening.

Let me know if you find anything, or want me to try something else.

• @robert-stoeber I will begin researching this for you, I have received the support files. I finished my testing here in office as well and I was able to make a connection using the Teleport app on Sprint with 3g service, so I suspect something else is happening.

For a test, can you please disable your wireless on the mobile phone and try to create a connection again?

• Thanks Brett,

I've tested it a couple more times today with the same result. I made you a movie so you can see for yourself:

https://rstoeber.com/robert-stoeber-teleport-problem.mp4

I've been listening to streaming music all morning while working, so I know the AmpliFi HD and my local internet connection are solid.

I disabled Wi-Fi on my phone and browsed Google News for 10 minutes to make sure my Sprint LTE connection was good. Then I launched the Teleport app and made the movie.

I actually tried it twice, just to be sure. After that I re-enabled the Wi-Fi connected to a Xfinity hotspot. Teleport connected within 10 seconds and worked fine as I browsed the news again and watched a YouTube video.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that I'm running the latest beta iOS 13 on a iPhone Xs. iOS 13 is pretty close to launching and I'm not having any other problems with other VPN apps or anything else.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you debug this. I'm happy to install beta/test software on the AmpliFi HD or iPhone to track this down.

• @robert-stoeber I will check on the beta iOS and see if that could be whats causing this issue. Thank you for running all of those tests and the video!

• @robert-stoeber Can you test with the IPv6 feature disabled on your home network?

• Hi Brett, thanks for that suggestion. I can confirm that it seems to solve the problem.

After turning off IPv6 support I was able to use the Teleport app for the first time while my phone was using the Sprint LTE data service. I don't know if that means the problem is the Teleport app itself or the AmpliFi HD, but I will watch for new beta firmware updates, and app updates.

I did some additional tests of the Teleport app while I was connected. I sent those results to you via email. Let me know if you don't get that because I'm really curious to get your feedback.

• I get the same problem when trying to connect on my iPhone and on my iPad using the ATT cellular data connection. I get so far as "tunnel active" then it fails. A connection over wifi works.

• I can also confirm that it works over ATT cellular data if I turn off IPv6 on my amplifier router.

• I have the exact same problem that Robert has, same behavior on an iPhone XS but latest 12.4.1 on TMobile.

I do not have IPv6 enabled on router.

I have submitted support info also.

• And I just tested with an iPhone 8 running 12.4 and same problem. Gets the Tunnel Active briefly, VPN icon shows then drops.

Both cases it gets to the Router and shows in the list.

• And also tested an Android. Same issue.

Common elements are TMobile and AMPLIFI Router.

• @adam-hall-0 Can you generate support files from your AmpliFi system and send them to us for analysis?

• @ui-brett done. I already had a ticket open, and post testing this I resent ๐Ÿ™‚

I did some more testing from work today so I'll do a third so you have them all. I have the Teleport device working now (bit of a complex system but works), but the app version won't work at all from any device or any network external.

• Same problem here - I get as far as "tunnel active" and then it fails.

iOS over EE in the UK (EE was formed from the merger of TMobile and another European provider).

I'll open a ticket and submit logs.

• I was asked to test combinations of cellular data and wifi. Results:

Cellular never works.
    Wifi only (cellular data disabled) works
    Wifi connected then enable cellular, works.
    Both cellular and wifi never works.

• @adam-hall-0 Thank you for your tests! I will continue to look into this and report our findings here.

• I have the same problem as @Adam-Hall-0

I am using the iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.2.2 and T-Mobile

I'm using the amplifi HD with the latest firmware.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.