TiVo streaming to iOS app problems

• I have a TiVo Bolt which I was using to stream recording to my iOS devices in home. I had a failure of the Bolt and arranged for a replacement. While waiting for the replacement, I replaced my Edgerouter and Apple airports with an AmpliFi mesh system. The new Bolt has arrived and I am having problems with streaming.

The iOS TiVo apps show my recordings but every attempt to play causes a “Problem Streaming” error to occur. I spent an hour with TiVo support and they could not resolve.

I changed the Bolt and the router and now don’t know which is the problem.

Does anyone have this working?

I will probably try the old router and bridge the new router but would appreciate any experience.

• @gary-menszyk
    I'm successfully running a Tivo Roamio Plus using my AmplifiHD to stream. Like you, I was previously using an Airport Extreme, but when I changed over I went back into the Tivo app and set up streaming all over again in Settings. I know that's simplistic, but inside those settings, there's also a place for you to test your broadband. At least that way you might be able to identify whether the problem is being caused by Tivo or the Amplifi.....

• @imamacnewbie Glad to hear it is working for you. Having a successful data point is useful.

I tested the 'broadband' from the app and it is successful and recommends high quality. I can also stream to my browser using TiVo online.

I suspect the Bolt has an issue. It took them 2 weeks to sort out some serious issues with the newly arrived refurbished Bolt and I suspect something is still not right. They've escalated so hope to hear something this week.

• I can also stream to a TiVo mini so not sure it’s a Bolt problem. Very frustrating.

• I am also having the same problem. Got a replacement bolt, now I can not stream to IOS or Android devices. Even when I download the show it won't play after it completes. TiVo online streaming works fine. On my third call, TiVo is now saying it is a issue that is effecting others and engineering should have it fixed in a month. I am not 100 percent sure the support guy was just not saying that to get me off the phone. Maybe others can confirm if their apps work.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.