Wifi Printer could not to access to my network

• Hello,

I bought the amplifi and all works fine till i want to add a wifi printer to my network.

My Canon TS62500 could not see my network. Than i reset to the factory settings both my router and my printer.

It makes no change.

I tried with another router. It works fine. I don't know what i could do for solving this problem.

Thanks

• I suspect that the printer does not work well with a mesh router. I would try creating a 2.4G SSID in the router and try to connect the printer to it. I believe that will work for you. Did for my Epson printer.

• Well i tried 2,4GHZ or 5GHZ or Both and it doesn't work 😞

Thanks for your help

• Hi @guymauve0 - have you turned off all of the mesh features, like Band Steering & Router Steering in the app?

And made sure all off the features like client A-MSDU and /r /k /v are turned off in the web UI?

Make sure 2.4 GHz Bandwidth is set to 20 MHz instead of 20/40 and temporarily lower the 5 GHz Bandwidth to 40 MHz for testing (this could significantly lower performance for 5 GHz clients) if your printer can connect at that band

Then try manually selecting different 2.4 GHz channels and 5 GHz channels to see if your printer will connect

I would suggest leaving the Separate SSID turned on at 2.4 GHz only (assuming that is what your printer uses) while testing to see if either SSID appears (main or separate)

• @derek-saville what actually are the default bandwidth settings for the 2.4 and 5ghz bands in the app?

• Hi @ali-hadi - unless something has changed the default 2.4 GHz channel width was 40/20 MHz and for 5 GHz = 80 MHz

However, as @Dmitrijs-Ivanovs previously stated..."40 MHz mode in 2.4 GHz band...doesn't really work"...for various reasons

You can also refer to Dmitrijs advice that in congested WiFi environments lowering the band channel width..."will reduce maximum bandwidth but improve link stability"

Regarding 2.4 GHz only devices (like a lot of WiFi enabled printers) the Band Steering option is not covered by the WiFi standards at least up to WiFI-5 AC (I don't recall if some form is in WiFi-6) and is considered some of the 'secret sauce' that vendors use in their firmware to differentiate their products

I do not know what form of Band Steering that AmpliFi actually uses, but one method is for the access points to delay responses from client 2.4 GHz requests hoping that the client will obtain a 5 GHz connection prior to connecting at 2.4 GHz
    (Router Steering can do something similar with mesh points delaying responses hoping that a client will first connect to a main router or Ethernet backhauled equivalent first)

Remember it is the client that ultimately decides what access point to connect to and why, which AmpliFi has no control over - they can only play tricks to try and influence the choice

So if a 2.4 GHz device receives a lot of delayed or failed responses to an SSID's connection requests, that client may decide to disregard that SSID for a period of time depending on how it was programmed, or until you turn it off and turn it on again

Congested WiFi environments (like having many IoT devices) only makes the situation worse

Channel widths are also the reason I do not personally bother with WiFi speed testing on AmpliFi

The maximum achievable streaming bandwidth for an AmpliFi HD in one direction to a single device is 1300 Mbps @ 5 GHz with 3 MIMO chains and 80 MHz channel widths in laboratory conditions with no interference or airtime fairness contention

3x3 MIMO is gaining, but most clients are still 2x2 (including Teleport BTW) or less, so that cuts bandwidth by at least 33% on average for most clients

Maybe @UI-Brett can chime in, but at least in the USA, I believe there is only one potential option for contiguous 80 MHz channel widths (AmpliFi only has one 5 GHz radio), so the likelihood of that being 100% free and clear between just one router and client is pretty slim (that's why the European guys keep asking for more of the channels available to them to be opened up)

If just one other neighboring device is active on any slice of those 80 MHz channels @ 5 GHz you are not going to get full bandwidth

Throw in a wireless mesh point, which can only connect to one device (main router or client) in one direction at a time, and you cut bandwidth roughly in half again, although the mesh does use 3x3 MIMO and MSDU for more bandwidth and efficiency, so it isn't always a straight 50% drop

If you have an average 2x2 MIMO client and ~40 MHz channel widths with little to no congestion, you will probably see around 433 Mbps (1300 x 66% x 50%) in WiFi testing to the router, plus or minus for MSDU, airtime fairness overhead, signal strength, etc.

Throw in a wireless mesh point and you will be around 200 to 250 Mbps (assuming the wireless backhaul is a 3x3 link)

This also assumes your ISP connection is sufficient and doesn't suffer any latency issues, like buffer bloat on the up link

If you have better modern clients the bandwidth numbers go up, but in congested WiFi environments, the numbers go down

WiFi-6 attempts to solve a lot of these issues and is primarily focused on making more efficient use of available bandwidth and avoiding interference in congested environments than increasing peak performance to single devices

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.