What setup for me?

• This is kind of a pre-sale question, so I hope im in the right place.
    I have just moved to a new home, and it's clear to me that I need a mesh setup. My current setup is a Unifi AP AC Lite coming off one of my firewall ports (PFSense) and it worked great for my whole home at the last house. They new one has too much steel and concrete so I need to put access points in the basement and the 2nd floor. The entire house is wired, so my preference is to attach them to Ethernet ports om each flor and have them all home run back to a switch my server rack.

1. Does this make sense?
    2. Which product should I be looking at
    3. Can I continue to use my AC Lite? (since I already own it).

TIA, and apologies if this is the wrong forum for this type of question.

-P

• @marc-pearlman I would recommend either going with AmpliFi and not using UniFi or just installing UniFi and not using AmpliFi. They do not integrate into the same controller and you will end up with two different networks and will not have a mesh.

• Hey, thanks for the reply and that makes sense. From the site here, I can't tell if the access points for either product line can be hard-wired so there is one one each floor that all home run back to a central point. Is that possible on the Instant Mesh? I am trying to avoid tying the floors together through the airwaves. My basement is under a concrete slab which is why I am having a problem in the first place.

Thanks for your help

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.