Amplifi HD router and cameras without cables in between

• Hi all

Just bought a Amplifi HD router to a small house. I would now like to add cameras but the router (also were I want to have the harddrive) and point to the camera is very far apart.

First thought was to buy a UniFi AC Mesh and connect camera to that one but read you cant mesh the amplify and unifi together without getting a new ssid. Would that work anyway? Harddrive connected to router on ssid 1 and camera on ssid 2? Or do I need to nanostations (accesspoints) one connected to router and one at the garage were I want to setup the cameras? I would not like to by an additional Amplifi router and use as mesh to get cable to camera since I also is thinking about putting this on the attic and have cable out to camera. Don't think the router could stand the humidity on the attic.

Or what would you suggest to expand my amplifi hd router to be able to have cameras around my garage. I only have electricity there and cant use that for datatransfer (separate from the house wiring).

• @linus-liljeström This is a very difficult situation, especially if your cameras can only be hardwired. The only way to configure AmpliFi as a wireless access point (and have ethernet ports) is to use another AFI-R as a mesh point. If you use any other products, including UniFi they would have to be configured in a 3rd party mode (If that feature is available) or else you will be running two different networks, creating a communication problem between the AmpliFi network and the extenders.

One option that I can think of would be to use Powerline Ethernet adapters to give you hardline connections in the points you need.

• @ui-brett said in Amplifi HD router and cameras without cables in between:

Powerline Ethernet adapters

Thank you for the quick reply. Cant use Powerline Ethernet adapters. The cameras I wanted to add were Ubiquiti Unifi UVC-G3 BULLET with a poe switch and gen 2 cloud key that has the storage. But I really wanted to have those units inside the house and not far away in the garage.

• @linus-liljeström said in Amplifi HD router and cameras without cables in between:

I would not like to by an additional Amplifi router and use as mesh to get cable to camera since I also is thinking about putting this on the attic and have cable out to camera. Don't think the router could stand the humidity on the attic.

The humidity and temperature could be a factor in doing this, but in terms of wireless solutions with AmpliFi (and needing a ethernet connection at the location) This may be your only option with AmpliFi. Other users have used MOCA adapters to convert coax lines in their house, this could also be an option?

• @ui-brett Thanks for the tip. Maybe its better if I switch to unifi all together if I really want this to work.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.