Steer mesh points

• Hi, how do I control what a mesh point is attached to?

I have a router and two mesh points and for optimum connectivity for my house, I need the second mesh point hanging off the first one, and not the router.

After a power cycle or reboot, the second mesh point connects to the router but has a weak signal, so I have to restart it a couple more times, before it realises that the first mesh point is the best option. (first mesh point is 5GHz, and second is 2.4GHz due to distance)

It would be great to be able to manually set this up.

Also, where has the visual representation of the system topology gone in the iPhone app, please? (as per below) . It seems to flash up for a fraction of a second and then vanish, since a recent update.

Thanks, Dave.

0_1568635197951_IMG_1878 (2).jpg

• @david-woolston said in Steer mesh points:

where has the visual representation of the system topology gone in the iPhone app, please? (as per below) . It seems to flash up for a fraction of a second and then vanish, since a recent update

I don't follow. Can you send me a screenshot of what it looks like once it vanishes?

The feature you are requesting is one that AmpliFi does not have, but has been requested. I will add your voice to that feature!

• Hi Brett,

Thanks for adding my support to that feature request!

The previous screen grab shows what is displayed very briefly when first running up the iOS app. After which the below screen is shown. In previous versions of the app the above screen shot remained, so I can see what the mesh points are attached to.

0_1569321506665_IMG_1903.jpg

• @david-woolston Thank you for sharing the screenshot! Because you have more than the 3 nodes and devices, this is exactly what the screen should look like.

The blue dots under your mesh point are an indicator of its connection type. You are correct, it does not show you "where" but it lets you know how. So, 2 dots means its a direct connection to the router. If you see 3 dots, it means it hops one additional time, so router to mesh point to mesh point.

Hope that helps!

• @ui-brett

That's great, thanks for the info.

Cheers, Dave.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.