Hello! Extension to System, Any suggestions please.

• Hi

I have been running the AmpliFi Mesh in the home for over a year with no issues, we now have a second building (home office) which is connected to the router using a CAT 6 cable and then this connect in to a Netgear switch, giving connections to PC, Printer, IP phone and Netgear wifi access point.

obviously, with iPhones, they connect to the Netgear access point in the office but will hang on to that now weak signal when going back into the home, and visa Versa with the Amplifi.

So my questions are how can I extend the mesh to the office and remove the Netgear access point, providing a stable mesh service in both locations from the one router.

Many Thanks

Steve

• @steve-may I Since you already have a Cat 6 cable running to the second building, I think replacing the Netgear switch with an Amplifi HD in Bridge Mode and 1 mesh point would give you what you need.

• @steve-may if you have an ethernet cable running between the properties then why not just use another AmpliFi router as a mesh point with ethernet backhaul?

• @james-earl-ford said in Hello! Extension to System, Any suggestions please.:

I think replacing the Netgear switch with an Amplifi HD in Bridge Mode

@Steve-May this concept is correct, except don't enable bridge, enable Ethernet Backhaul.
    Doing this will extend the primary network into the second building, but since you have a CAT 6 line ran, it will perform at full strength, just like your main AmpliFi router.

• @ui-brett Thanks. I was basing my answer on what I have read in the Forums not something I have implemented.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.