HD router to HD router VPN

• Now that update 3.1.1 has been released so that clients can use the Teleport App to connect via VPN to the "Home" HD router, I'd like to see the ability for HD router (apartment) connect via VPN to HD router (home).

• @matthew-rollins

That would be great — especially since there is no more hardware teleport as the existing version seems to be discontinued.

• Hi @matthew-rollins - isn’t this possible on a per device basis?
    Or maybe it is still in beta (app)?

According to @UI-Karlis in the 3.1.1rc2 Release Notes...

If you have two or more AmpliFi systems configured with the same social account then now you can teleport selected local devices to the remote router using secure VPN tunnel.

The supporting images as well look like you can just set it up in the app pretty easily (router-to-router)

I don’t believe it works yet with Bridge mode routers, so I can’t test it myself personally

Hi @UI-Karlis - can you please comment?
    Or @UI-Brett?

• @derek-saville The router-to-router feature that allows to teleport local client to a remote router hasn't been released to public yet. We are planning another beta firmware version before the release. No ETA yet.

• Thank you @ui-karlis - that is great news and a fantastic feature

Please, if possible, can you enable local routing amongst multiple devices that are “teleporting” to a remote router?

For example, if I have an iPad, Apple TV, and AirPlay speakers all at a remote site and give them all access to a remote HD router, the local traffic between devices needs to stay local and only pull data off of a server or the internet via Teleport

Otherwise data like video and audio bounces back and forth across the internet adding a lot of latency and killing bandwidth even though the devices talking to each other are in the same room!

Hi @UI-Brett - can you comment if the HW Teleport is at its end?

• @UI-Brett

Yes, would definitely like confirmation that the hardware teleport is in fact discontinued. Will it be replaced by a newer model? Or is HD Router to HD Router the new hardware “teleport” solution moving forward?

• I hope there will be an updated teleport hardware with atlest two LAN ports it would be nice, since I have a use for such a device.

I'm still waiting for the current teleport to he available here in Australia.

• @derek-s The Teleport app as well as the future router to router feature will accomplish what the Teleport hardware can, however I cannot say whether or not Teleport hardware will be discontinued. It can still be purchased in our store via the HD Teleport kit.

• The Teleport app as well as the future router to router feature will accomplish what the Teleport hardware can

Hi @ui-brett - are you sure about this?

With the HW Teleport I can add an HD Router as a wired Ethernet backhaul RAMP of the home network

It seems like with the Teleport App and the router-to-router feature everything is on a per device basis only

Or are you confirming that an entire secondary Bridge mode HD router can be “Teleported” with the new router-to-router feature?

Per Device teleportation is not the same as the HW Teleport version from what has been described so far

• @derek-saville said in HD router to HD router VPN:

Or are you confirming that an entire secondary Bridge mode HD router can be “Teleported” with the new router-to-router feature?

More details will be posted on the beta channel soon ☺

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.