want to extend my network. Do i need another base station or could I possibly use my old airport extreme?

• HI, I have the base station and two of the wireless extenders. I need to get internet out to my shop. I have a buried ethernet cable in place. It's to far to try and add the extenders I think. I am wondering can I add an apple Airport Extreme ( I used this before I got the amplifi system) I have on hand to basically act as a base station in my shop that will give me wireless internet or would I need to buy another base station to connect to the ethernet cable I have in place? I have an apple TV connect to one of the LAN ports on the router now and that works fine so I was thinking I could save having to buy another base station since the Airport extreme would do basically the same thing. I'm just not sure how to set this up. Nothing obvious was showing up on the amplifi app

• @ryan-stratton You can plug the ethernet you buried to the AirPort Extreme, and plug the other end into the back of the AmpliFi HD and that will uplink the AirPort Extreme into the network.

I'd advise resetting the AirPort Extreme and setting it up again in the AirPort Utility app with "Create Wireless Network". If you use the same Wireless Name (SSID) & Password your devices should roam to that Access Point when nearby.

It won't be manageable in the AmpliFi App, and will (I believe) just show up as a Wired Device in the Family tab.

If you want the whole AmpliFi experience, then swap in a AmpliFi HD-R to the end of the ethernet instead of the AirPort Extreme.... It'll show up properly in the AmpliFi app and will properly report when wireless clients connect to that access point.

• Oh - by the way - on the AirPort Extreme, make sure it's in Bridged Mode NOT DHCP and NAT... this means it's just another WiFi point on your network, and not a router.

Also - plug the Ethernet in the AirPort Extreme into one of the top 3 LAN connections, not the bottom WAN (beneath the USB).

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.