A friend recommended Amplifi because I was complaining about my "Spectrum Internet Gi" wif

• hey all - just moved to a new city and sadly the only internet provider is Spectrum (Charter). Other than their horrible customer service, cable seems to be fine, and internet only seems to work well in the room where the router is located. When I go upstairs, it feels like I am on dial up.

So I bought the TP-Link AV1000 Powerline WiFi Extender -- no dice. Still slow. Then a "trusted" friend suggested the TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Ethernet Adapter. Seems a little faster.

So, the IT guy at work said, "check out Amplifi" and here I am.

I currently have the Spectrum issued Sagemcom RAC2V1S router. Is this compatible with the Amplifi? Is it supposed to replace the router?

Help.

• @michael-brito First, do you have a cable modem from Spectrum? Or is the RAC2V1S all you got running your internet connection?

• @Tony-Penev yes, Spectrum E31U2V1 Modem and the Sagecom Router.

• @michael-brito Great. So Amplifi would work fine, if I were you I’d ditch the RAC2V1S completely. Remove it and replace it with an Amplifi HD or Gamers Edition.

Setup will be easy, plug the WAN/Internet (highlighted) Ethernet port from the Amplifi HD to the single yellow Ethernet port on the back of your E31U2V1. Then follow the Amplifi setup from the app to finish.

Lastly, in the Internet settings portion of the Amplifi system turn on Clone MAC Address and type in the MAC ID from the E31U2V1. It’s usually on a sticker somewhere on the modem. And you’re done.

• @tony-penev thank you for sharing this! @Michael-Brito, as you may have seen on this community, there are absolutely mixed reviews about Spectrum and AmpliFi. It seems to be hit or miss on if your system will work great, or give you issues. In some reports I have read on 3rd party websites, the infrastructure on Spectrum has been found to be where some of the problems ly, but others situations not so much.

All I can say is that AmpliFi has been known to work with Spectrum, but if you experience any issues please don't hesitate to reach out on this community! We have developers, support agents and AMAZING customers who love to help and will do our best to get your home network performing at its peak.

• thank you @Tony-Penev @UI-Brett! I am going to give it a shot! appreciate you both.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.