Anyone has an AMPLIFI Alien yet?

• @ui-jt I find it very frustrating that you guys still haven’t fixed the Remote Management using a Ubiquiti account SSO. I’ve been in contact with your support via email and it’s all been troubleshoot this, and that. But I’m was past that, it just doesn’t work consistently, can your devs please look into this and fix it? Because I do not want to use a Google account (don’t trust them). P.S. this screen is what I get...!0_1575100087765_B6CCE37A-B175-4443-81DB-8205E6E9C6FA.png

• @tony-penev same issue @UI-Brett

• @tony-penev Mine is working. I hace a Ubiquiti account for my cloud key v1 with 2 Poe 8 port switches. I just clicked Ubiquiti and did not get any errors.

• @tony-penev & @UI-JT

I was able to verify with a friend that remote management and AmpliFi Teleport both work on Android (versions 1.12.3 & 1.0.3, respectively), but not on the counterpart iOS apps. I'm using Ubiquiti SSO too.

I have updated my review of the AmpliFi Alien with a changelog, as well as updated details on remote management, given that I've now seen both remote management and Teleport working. I think this is entirely an iOS app or stack thing, and I don't believe it's related to the AmpliFi Alien hardware or firmware.

• @lucas-nicodemus Yup OnePlus 7t with Android 10, so that would explain why it works for me .

• Hi @lucas-nicodemus - maybe it is a Ubiquiti SSO issue?

I have an Alien and Apple devices, all with the latest versions of firmware, apps and OS, and with a Google account login remote management and Teleport are working fine

My Alien is in Bridge mode if that matters

PS - I have been having issues recently with remote management and router-to-router Teleporting while traveling to the PRC, although the Teleport app was working fine from behind the great firewall

• I no longer understand. I tested the following:

• On an iOS 13.2.3 device with no prior history with AmpliFi, I installed the controller app, signed in with Ubiquiti SSO, and was able to remotely manage my Alien.
    • On a different iOS 13.2.3 device, same thing.
    • I reinstalled the AmpliFi app on the device I used to set the Alien up in the first place (13.3, documented in my post), and then was able to remotely manage.

All of those were on 1.12.3 of the AmpliFi app.

• I tested Teleport on the two iOS 13.2.3 devices and it worked fine (Teleport version 1.0.3).
    • I updated one of the two iOS 13.2.3 devices to iOS 13.3 and Teleport version 1.0.3 still worked.
    • I reinstalled Teleport on my initial test device, and it still did not work.

The test devices were both iOS 13.2.3 initially, an iPhone SE and iPad Pro 10.5, respectively.

Conclusion: I have no conclusion. Remote management works, but Teleport still does not on my primary device, for no known reason.

• @derek-saville The issue is NOT with signing in using a Google or Facebook account, those work consistently. The issue is using Remote Access/Management using a Ubiquiti account on iOS, it seems Android works fine per what everyone’s saying. But ever since the last 2 or 3 iOS app updates, Remote Access is broken.

• @lucas-nicodemus I don’t use the teleport app so I can’t comment on that. But the Amplifi app that controls/sets up the Amplifi devices is where I’m having Remote Access issues.

I am also on the latest iOS 13 and latest Amplifi app, if I sign out and sign back into my Ubiquiti account while on my home network it works. But if I leave my house/network for a random set of hours, and open the Amplifi app to remote into my network setup/settings, it tells me it cannot find any devices and I need to connect to my Wi-Fi network. When I get back home and connect to my network it sees my Amplifi hardware, however selecting Remote Access in the app I’m then greeted with that screenshot I posted earlier.

• @tony-penev I have had exactly the same issue on three different Android phones and had to stick with Google sign-in to achieve a reliable remote access and so I don't think it is an IOS problem only.

• Hi @tony-penev - I was responding to @Lucas-Nicodemus‘s comment

I think this is entirely an iOS app or stack thing...

Using a Google SSO I have no issues with remote management on iOS (outside of the PRC)

Other people, such as @Ali-Hadi also seem to have issues with remote management using a Ubiquiti SSO on Android as well, so it doesn’t appear to be entirely iOS related

• @lucas-nicodemus said in Anyone has an AMPLIFI Alien yet?:

I have updated my review of the AmpliFi Alien with a changelog, as well as updated details on remote management, given that I've now seen both remote management and Teleport working. I think this is entirely an iOS app or stack thing, and I don't believe it's related to the AmpliFi Alien hardware or firmware.

@Lucas-Nicodemus:
    I saw your iOS testing questions. Have you tried exposing an AX SSID and connecting to that to force a WiFi 6 connection? If you enable "Additional SSIDs", then you should see an AX network to connect to.

I cannot reproduce your test since all of my WiFi 6 devices are PCs (a laptop I upgraded to this card and a desktop I built with an Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master motherboard). I have no phones to support it yet.

EDIT: I do not have any Stadia issues. My controller works just fine. I mean, I'd much rather game with a keyboard and mouse, but the functionality is stable for me.