AmpliFi Alien Mesh WiFi 6 Router to replace a Netgear Night Hawk.

• Hi all,

Have some questions.
    With this unit can you still program it through IP address?
    What about the wireless cameras and having to add DYNDNS and program port forwarding?
    Does it have any antivirus or malware protection?
    And who has it how do you like it?
    And how does it stand up to the new Night Hawks X12?

• @ron-costa Hi Ron, the Alien does have a web interface that you can reach via its IP address, however I would recommend using the app. It supports wireless cameras and if you need port forwarding it is easily done in the mobile app, DDNS is not supported but is on our feature request list (I will add your vote to the list). The Alien does not have an antivirus application but has an ad filter. Hope this helps!

• @UI-JT I recently purchased 2 amplifi alien routers. I am reading about Orbi Wifi 6 mesh setup and it has dedicated backhaul along with multi gig ethernet ports. What makes the Alien better and i currently have amplifi hd setup.

• @UI-JT when you say that the alien has a web interface, is there a separate web interface from what you get when you use the router IP? In that web interface you can not configure any of the same things that you can do from the app. Is there a seperate web interface with a different https port that has full configuration functionality via web interface ?

• @Amara-Fofana My opinion will be obviously biased.... But there are many other here on the community that will have feedback and insight in to this. Dedicated back haul sounds great, until you deploy and need flexibility in the backhaul.. Anyway here are also a few reviews on the Alien that may help:

• Thanks will check this out appreciate your feedback.