AmpliFi Alien DHCPv6 PD support

• Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere, but I was not able to find...

I am looking at the AmpliFi Alien to replace my existing router and access point setup. Can someone answer the following questions

Does this router work with ISPs that allocate dual stack IPv6 addresses on the WAN interface using DHCPv6-PD (prefix delegation)?

What power input does this device take (110v -240v)? From the unboxing it looks like a standard figure 8 IEC-C7 power cable?

• @gareth-d-souza said in AmpliFi Alien DHCPv6 PD support:

Does this router work with ISPs that allocate dual stack IPv6 addresses on the WAN interface using DHCPv6-PD (prefix delegation)?

Do you have an example of which ISP provides this? I do not know the answer to that question, but finding out if others have the same ISP as you do may be the easiest way to identify if the Alien works with them. I rarely see our devices not work with an ISP though.

What power input does this device take (110v -240v)? From the unboxing it looks like a standard figure 8 IEC-C7 power cable?

Correct, standard with the power supply being built into the device. The AmpliFi Alien is only designed for use in the US, and the power supply is not the only limiting factor currently.

• @ui-brett Hi Brett,

There are a number of ISPs here in Australia that support IPv6 dual stack in Australia:

https://www.internode.on.net/support/guides/internet_access/ipv6/faq/
    https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/help-centre/nbn/tech-support/ipv6/

This feature is supported on my current Asus router.

Just confirming this devices only runs on 110v power? Are there plans to release this outside of the US?

Cheers,

Gareth

• @gareth-d-souza said in AmpliFi Alien DHCPv6 PD support:

Just confirming this devices only runs on 110v power?

No, the input on the device is 100-240v with the power supply built into the unit.

There are currently no confirmed plans or release dates set for launching the AmpliFi Alien outside of the US, but it is being reviewed and considered.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.