Remove OLD/Un-used device names from Amplfi

• Is there a way yet to be able to remove “assigned “ devices that are no longer on my home network? My work around is to create a profile, add the device to the profile and pause any internet service for them.

If not where can I post some votes for a feature to do this?

• @rich-sammon No this is not a feature, you can pause the device but you cannot "delete it" If the client has the credentials it will be able to connect to the network.

• I agree it would be nice to delete old/inactive users

• @UI-JT This is nuts. I've changed the Wifi card in one of our PCs and found that having registered the MAC address of the new card in the Amplifi app - I cannot now get rid of the registration of the old card from the app. So I'm stuck with this non-existent piece of hardware in my configuration now?

• @shealey correct it is nuts. While I enjoy the AMPLIFI device mesh technology it’s admin functions are not where they should be and need updating especially to remove devices previously connected to the network. This is a major security exposure in my view.

• @shealey Do you have your old device added in any profiles on your AmpliFi app?

• @UI-Brett Yes the old wifi card MAC address is still assigned to the family member who owns the PC that it was installed in ... as is the PC's new wifi card.
    There is no way to remove the device from the profile, so I have had to delete that person's profile and re-create it.
    The old device is no longer assigned in anyone's profile - but still shows up in the list of devices when I use the 'add devices' option.

• I would love the ability to expunge the client configurations if they have been stale for 3 months, or something. I have devices that are really aged that still show up and they are not part of a profile.

• @Dave-Martin we've ask for that since 2017 and its on their development plan...this will never happen..only way to get rid of all the old devices is to do the Factory Reset which I encourage not to do...any other router you buy out there lets you remove devices...i dont understand why they can't deliver some basic admin functions to keep house in the network...

• @UI-Brett My network contains 42 devices that are "mine" (Admin & Household), and roughly 100 additional devices that are from Airbnb Guests who have come and gone, and (in most cases) will never return…

The volume of unwanted and permanently offline devices is radiculous and will only grow as new Airbnb Guests come and go.

In the dozens of cases where I had Admin privileges for a network (using other brands, inclusion Apple, ZyXEL, Synology, Netgear, TP-Link, Linksys, ASUS, Belkin, etc), I have never been prohibited from removing/deleting/hiding devices that are no longer active or welcome on the network.

The (still current) fact that as an AMPLIFI Admin I can not restrict devices that are obsolete, or which I no longer want to have access to my network, seems insane. How does UBIQUITI, a $7.95B valuation company with a (otherwise) stellar reputation, justify that glaring omission?

Is there something I'm missing (an indirect feature benefit specific to the AMPLIFI network system, for instance) that necessitates the prohibition of this "standard" admin privilege?
    Also, is that (lame) "feature" also inherent to other UBIQUITI network management tools?

Thank you in advance for your time,
    Escher VanKorlaar

• This post is deleted!

• @UI-Brett | It's been 4 weeks since I posted and no reply…

• @UI-Brett this is a good feature for the future beta firmware so we can login in the webui and delete old devices/users, it can be added later in the amplifi app 🙂

• +1 to this feature request

• +1 to this feature request as well – need a way to remove previously-connected devices from the list without resorting to a factory reset!

• @andygrossman this can’t possibly be that hard yet amplfi ignores this. I’m sick of doing factory resets