AmplifiHD vs UAP AC LR

• I have been looking at a new router setup, I was wondering how the amount of devices just the AmplifiHD box can handle compares to the Ubiquiti AP AC LR and a wired router? Also how does the range of just the AmplifiHD without the mesh points compared to the range on LR in a 3000sqft 2 story home? Finally, does the AmplifiHD have the same kind of granular control that the UAP Unifi controller does? Thanks.

• @joe-mosier said in AmplifiHD vs UAP AC LR:

how does the range of just the AmplifiHD without the mesh points compared to the range on LR in a 3000sqft 2 story home?

The AmpliFi HD router can reach up to 10,000 sq ft. utilizing the 2.4Ghz broadcast in a perfect environment, how it will perform in your home ultimately depends on what may interfere with the signal.

does the AmplifiHD have the same kind of granular control that the UAP Unifi controller does?

No, AmpliFi being a consumer based router vs Unifi focused on enterprise level applications, the Unifi controller has far more control over the network than AmpliFi

Is there a specific feature you are looking for while comparing the two?

• @ui-brett I already purchased a UAP AC LR + wired router, but the granular level of control, ridiculous device capacity (for home use atleast), cheap expandability and upgradability, and stats Unifi spits out are all very attractive. Also is the 10k sq ft range with just the router itself? I love that if I Ubiquti releases a new AX AP, they're cheaper then a whole new router (also more features and they're actually attractive) and I can keep the other AP in place as well or move it elsewhere

• @joe-mosier Joe this is where I am also having issues. I feel like the security gateway, switch and a AP is more customizable than a consumer router(Alien). I wish I could install both systems and see what works best for me.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.