Unable to connect to wi-fi on HD (mesh mode)

• Hello:

I have 3 Amplifi-HDs (2 in mesh mode - wired backhaul, ethernet over coax). Each "mesh" router is publishing 2 SSIDs (2.4 and 5 - set up at one time for troubleshooting). On one of the mesh routers, I am unable to connect to the "published" 5 Ghz SSID (says "No internet connection"). I have an AppleTV hardwired into that particular HD and it connects just fine, so the HD does have an internet connection. I can also connect to the 2.4 Ghz SSID for the same HD unit.

If I then switch back to the main router SSID, it will also give me the "No internet connection" message, but if I toggle back and forth (go to the 5Ghz SSID for the main unit), it will connect to the primary network.

Any idea what is going on? Do I have a failing HD unit?

• @rakesh-gupta said in Unable to connect to wi-fi on HD (mesh mode):

Any idea what is going on? Do I have a failing HD unit?

Strange situation indeed. Are you seeing this "No internet connection" on more than one device or have you primarily been testing one specific device?

If I understand correctly, you have all mesh points wired, which means that each HD will be communicating through ethernet, not wireless backhaul so if say a radio was failing on the main (or any RAMP) then it should not affect any of the other HD routers ability to broadcast a 5GHz SSID.

I would suggests testing this with more than one device if possible, then after testing generate support files so the connection failures will be well documented and we can research a root cause.

• @ui-brett said in Unable to connect to wi-fi on HD (mesh mode):

I would suggests testing this with more than one device if possible, then after testing generate support files so the connection failures will be well documented and we can research a root cause. And the other devices that are publishing their own SSIDs are working fine (I can connect to each of them).

I did test this with 2 devices before I posted (iPad Pro and iPhone) - same result. I do have support files - should I upload them here?

• @rakesh-gupta Generate them using the app, then reference this community post in the body of the email and it will get assigned to me.
    https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033122174-Downloading-Support-Information-

Generate them using the app, then reference this community post in the body of the email and it will get assigned to me.

Done - Your request (209206) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

• @rakesh-gupta, the support files that were sent only contained information from the mesh point router, and we will need the support files generated from the primary router. Can you please recreate those for me?

support files generated from the primary router. Can you please recreate those for me?

Done and emailed. I mentioned the request no (above) in the header of the email, so hopefully it will get to you.

• @ui-brett I rebooted the HD mesh point and that appears to have fixed the issue. The strange thing is that when I was connected to the 5GHz band on the main router, I could not reboot that particular HD. In order to reboot it from the app, I had to connect to the 2.4 Ghz network published by that specific HD unit.

On a separate note, is there any way to see devices that are connected to a specific HD unit?

• @rakesh-gupta In the Family Tab, you can select a specific device and tap "Client Details", this will tell you its connection strength, as well as which mesh point it is connected to.

In the Family Tab, you can select a specific device and tap "Client Details", this will tell you its connection strength, as well as which mesh point it is connected to.

Yes I could do that, but it means that I have to go through about 50 connected devices to see which mesh/primary it is connected to☹ Also, it seems that for devices connected into the LAN ports of the primary router, they don't display the router name (they do for the HDs in mesh mode and for wifi clients connected to the primary router)

Can I put in a feature request to include a view by mesh point? Seems that would be the most convenient way, even if it was provided via the web interface. It would be tremendously helpful in debugging connection information and also any associated performance issues. Thanks

• @rakesh-gupta I will add this as a request. Thanks.