Combining Amplifi HD Mesh with Alien

• My current setup (in Netherlands) is Amplifi HD router with 2 mesh cubes and 1 mesh wand throughout the house.
    I just read about the new Alien router. Can I replace the HD router cube with the Alien Router and keep everything else in place?
    ALSO: how/where/when can I buy the Alien router in Europe? Or can I just order it from the US if it has a universal power supply?
    Thanks

• Hi @patrick-van-osta...

Can I replace the HD router cube with the Alien Router and keep everything else in place?

No, not as a true single mesh
    The HD's are not compatible to be added to an Alien as mesh points
    They can be added in wired Bridge mode or 3rd Party wireless mode and managed independently as a separate mesh / extender, but this is not ideal for roaming if you use the same common SSID as the Alien

See About AmpliFi Alien

• Alien + Standalone AmpliFi HD: You can add a standalone AmpliFi HD device (router or MeshPoint) to the Alien router's network in third party extender mode. We do not recommend this if it can be avoided since it will not fully integrate to the Alien, and there will be a loss of features. However it can be set up to extend the SSID and signal.

how/where/when can I buy the Alien router in Europe?

According to @UI-Brett they are working on the certifications but no ETA yet for availability outside the USA

Or can I just order it from the US if it has a universal power supply?

The Alien has a standard 2 pin chord / 2 prong outlet design which supports 100v to 240v input

Note, the Alien is currently only using USA compliant non-DFS WiFi channels