Amplifi Instant - love it but a couple of questions ...

• Hi,

I've just bought an Amplifi Instant to replace an airport express. Used for the first time at the weekend at a Dr Hook show in Denmark. It worked perfectly but I now have a couple of questions:

1 With the airport express you were able to configure the WAN port to also be a second LAN port - is this ever likely to be the case with the Instant? I have another use for one which requires me to connect via ethernet 2 devices - it seems a shame to have to use an additional switch if this is something that might be possible in the future.

2 When using without the internet, as a standalone device I'm presented with errors as it's not finding a connection on the WAN port. With the AE you could ignore these warnings to make it happy - is it possible to do this with the Instant? (You have to configure it with generic settings otherwise an iDevice doesn't think that it's properly on WiFi)!

3 Is the unit likely to be available in black at any point in the future?

Again it worked perfectly and most of the iPads connected via 5Ghz and we had zero dropouts - we'll definitely be adding more of these to stock in the future.

Thanks very much in advance,

Simon

• @simon-woods-tucker-0 said in Amplifi Instant - love it but a couple of questions ...:

1 With the airport express you were able to configure the WAN port to also be a second LAN port - is this ever likely to be the case with the Instant?

At this time no, the Instant ports are strictly assigned a WAN and LAN.

2 When using without the internet, as a standalone device I'm presented with errors as it's not finding a connection on the WAN port. With the AE you could ignore these warnings to make it happy - is it possible to do this with the Instant?

No it is not. Not saying that it won't work as an intranet, but the device is designed to have a constant connection so without that the error message will appear.

3 Is the unit likely to be available in black at any point in the future?

No

• @ui-brett

Well that sure answered all that pretty conclusively!

Thanks Brett!

Simon