Disable Radio's

• This post is deleted!

• @ubnt-brett Sorry, that does not solve that problem. I have it, too. The device will be configured with the EXACT name of the network. The additional SSID feature appends a suffix, with no way to remove it.

Many WiFi accessories (doorbells, appliances, even essential oil diffusers) operate only on 2.4 GHz. Your phone and the device need to both be on the same network and frequency in order for an app to set them up. But once setup, they can communicate across the router.

It's not ideal, but it is the reality. The ability to turn the individual radios on and off, like every other router on the planet, is a necessity.

• @edward-s Thanks for your suggestions!

• +1
    I'd love to have a simple on/off toggle for each of the radios. Perhaps put them under advanced wireless settings, where the "Automatic" and "Channel" controls are for each, too. (If either or both of these are disabled, perhaps the band steering toggle in the main Wireless menu should get greyed out, but that's just a tiny detail.)

• So stupid power users don't have control of being able to do such a simple thing. I'm literally just a few feet away from the Amplifi HD router and it's putting me on 2.4Ghz, when from my modem I had no issues at all on the 5GHz band (and why would I if I'm so close anyways).

• I'd also like to see this feature.... doesn't seem to be a hard task of turning each radio off right? Not sure why this hasn't been implemented yet. Also on an unrelated note I would like to see a site survey feature

• Just to add my vote for this feature. I had exactly the same problem when configuring a smart home device which supports only 2,4 GHz band and the app would refuse to connect unless my phone is on the 2,4 GHz network. There is no way for me to force the phone to connect to 2,4 GHz or turn off the 5 GHz radio on the router. So, I am stuck. Quite disappointing that there no such a simple feature to turn off either radios on the router...

• Would also like to see this implemented, seems like a no brainer.

• I returned my amplifi system until turning off radios is supported. Just thought you guys would like to know how important this is to me.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.