Disable Radio's

• Guys, seriously, GET THIS DONE!

I have two Amplifi-HD with Cat.6 backhaul between them (and zero of the pointy-stick mesh-point things).

ONLY the upstairs (remote) A-HD talks to 2.4 GHz devices (cameras, weather station).

I want to turn OFF the 2.4 GHz radio on the downstairs A-HD ...anything else is pointless spectrum-hogging that sends my neighbours' radios auto-hopping from channel to channel looking for space and wrecking my 2.4 GHz AND their 2.4 GHz.

Simple OFF buttons for each radio on each A-HD: why is that so difficult?

Chris

And yes, I do understand that you have some users that will turn-off a radio that is actually in-use as backhaul and thus trash their mesh. Put the option under Advanced, and then under Beta, and then warn about mesh-trash risk …but put it somewhere! PLEEEEAASE

• @Chris-1028: This should also apply to the various hidden networks the HDs setup for being prepared for various functions if not already active, in particular hidden networks for wireless backhaul which appear to be completely superfluous in case of ethernet backhaul.

• @Otto-Wilhelm
    I know the issue from my Unifi installations: the "hidden" networks are not really hidden -- they show up in the logs and in any scanner (my Mac wifi scanner for example), but you have to jump through hoops to kill them).

Amplifi is aimed at "domestic" users (...many domestic users have no idea what they are doing and can easily shoot themselves in the foot if they have too many buttons to push).

I tried Amplifi because (in theory) two A-HD easily cover my modest mountain chalet, If this radio-OFF-inability issue continues much longer, my pair of A-HD go on the web in exchange for a six-pack of beer.

Don't misunderstand...despite their VERY many faults, I still love UI and will happily replace the two A-HD with two Flex-HD (...I know it will take some time to kill the 2.4 GHZ radio on one of the two, but at least it is possible and I know how to do it).

@ UI
    GET IT FIXED: you allow me to select wired-backhaul -- once selected, butt-out of "magic" wannabe-wifi-backhaul, and obligatory UNWANTED radios.

Chris

• @Chris-1028
    I noted these many hidden networks using Wifi Explorer on Mac. However, I do not know whether these hidden networks, which use essentially the same wifi channels as active wifi networks but do not convey real traffic, really make problems in that the active networks are impaired with respect to speed and other issues. UI responded to a post of me rather long ago that this is not the case. From a theoretical point of view it would certainly be better that these hidden networks could be switched off. Whether this would result in a real noticeable improvement for the active networks in practice, I do not know.

• When did they remove the BETA option to disable radios from v3.4.2rc0?

2. Disable 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz radio for affected device in WebUI Beta options (for diagnostics purpose)

• PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE UBIQUITI!
    @UI-AmpliFi