Speeds only high after constant reboots

• I have the amplifi hd and recently I have been paying attention to speeds across the house and inside the app. When the speeds of my devices are good and I run a speed test inside the app I'm getting approximately 130 dl and 30 ul.
    The problem is at a minimum of 1 time everyday I check the speeds and it's 8 dl and 4 ul. Once I reboot it's back to 130/30 every time.
    Why do I always have to reboot to get consistent speeds and how can I tell if it's an issue with amplifi hd hardware or software?
    I know it's not the local ip because my modem has 2 Ethernet puts and my desktop is connected directly in the other port and speeds are consistent 280 dl and 30 ul.

• @r-j-phillips said in Speeds only high after constant reboots:

modem has 2 Ethernet puts and my desktop is connected directly in the other port

What modem are you using? Are you paying for two IP addresses from your ISP? I personally own the Arris Surfboard SB8200 and it has two WAN ports, but only one can be active at a time. Or potentially you could have a modem/router combo and either it or AmpliFi may need to be placed into bridge mode to eliminate a double NAT situation that could also cause sudden drops.

Also, I recommend using a 3rd party speed test in addition to the onboard AmpliFi speed test because we are still seeing some inconsistencies depending on region and you could be getting false test results.