inverted power plug for europe / fr series...

• hi amplifi team,

could you please invert the (vertical) orientation of the power plug on the Amplifi HD Mesh Points / antennas ?

so "rotate it" - 90 degrees ?

unless I'm wrong : I've not found any way to place the antennas in the normal position, so with the power plug part of each antenna / mesh point placed below - downwards (with the "AMPLIFI" logo oriented towards the ceiling).

right now, at least with the first HD unit I just deployed (purchased from NL store) : the power plug needs to be inverted vertically to attach the wall power outlet... so each Mesh point / antenna is in practice inverted physically : the top is at the bottom and the bottom is at the top end...

thank you for any reply on this,

SA

• Hey Sebastien,

Thank you for your feedback. I think having the ability to swivel the power adapter is a great idea that would give the product more flexibility and adaptation to be used in different situations and environments

I am going to forward this suggestion onto our development and marketing team. In the meantime, there are possible solutions to this issue that you could use with your existing product. Third party manufactures make rotating outlet adapters that you can use to spin the outlet and allow the MeshPoint to be facing straight up.

Thank you again for your suggestion,

-Brett

• This post is deleted!

• @ubnt-brett said in inverted power plug for europe / fr series...:

Hey Sebastien,

Thank you for your feedback. I think having the ability to swivel the power adapter is a great idea that would give the product more flexibility and adaptation to be used in different situations and environments

I am going to forward this suggestion onto our development and marketing team. In the meantime, there are possible solutions to this issue that you could use with your existing product. Third party manufactures make rotating outlet adapters that you can use to spin the outlet and allow the MeshPoint to be facing straight up.

Thank you again for your suggestion,

-Brett

Hello,

I have asked for fitting Type C "Euro" / Type J adapters for Switzerland / Europe a few month ago. First your support team told me you're working on this, then for a long time nothing. I had to open a few new tickets to get an answer. Suddenly a 180 degree turn around: no we're no longer working on this. I got an email address from the responsible product manager. I have emailed him about two weeks ago, but no answer. Sorry, but a customer communication like this is an absolute no go. Plus you start to do the same mistakes with the Teleporter again: Why is the power plug not changeable like Apple does it with his power chargers? Very disappointed... Most of your competitors (Netgear, Google, D-Link, Asus, Linksys) are able to provide correct power plugs for Europe and Switzerland...

If you need further informations or the associated support ticket numbers / emails, please let me know.

• hello brett,

I tried rotating power outlet adapters but that's not a true solution.

Indeed they are bulky (adding much length to the antennae base), also most of them only rotate 180 degrees (you need 360) - finally with the weight of one antennae most adapters rotate by themselves, making the solution mainly inadequate.

I think it is time to fix that misfiring (power outlet) design...

thank you

sa

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.