IP Question

• Hi there,

Just a quick question. I want to be able to give a Smart TV in another country an IP on my local network so it thinks it is local in UK. Is this possible with Teleport?

Thanks!

• @Andy-Williams Yes, this is a possibility! The smart TV would connect to an AmpliFi router, then you would create a Teleport connection to your local AmpliFi network.

Teleport Router to Router

• @UI-Brett Very interesting. To clarify, here is the scenario:

Local network (UK) 192.168.143.0/24
    Remote network (UAE) 192.168.237.0/24

So if I bought 2 x Amplifi Routers, I can Site to Site VPN them and then assign a local network IP to any remote IP devices?

I want the majority of the devices at the remote end to stay with their remote network but only want the Smart TV's, Apple TV etc to think they're in the UK.

Also, my home is connected via StS VPN to our office and I currently use a USG. I assume this device is also capable of making this connection simultaneously?

Thanks.

• @Andy-Williams said in IP Question:

I want the majority of the devices at the remote end to stay with their remote network but only want the Smart TV's, Apple TV etc to think they're in the UK.

When you create the VPN connection, you select the device specifically which allows you to VPN only the devices you want. You can also allow LAN access to the Teleported devices.

I have not tested running a simultaneous VPN like you described with a USG, so for that answer we would have to test it out.

• @UI-Brett Thanks.

The UK end will have a AmpliFi HD as the main router and will be a DHP server.I will need to keep the UAE end connected to the internet via the USG as I need a permanent VPN connection to our office for an IP phone. The Amplifi cannot do this bit.

I am going to use the AmpliFi HD in the UAE in Bridge Mode as my WiFi network. Will I be able to teleport UAE devices to the UK in this scenario?

Txs.

• @Andy-Williams said in IP Question:

Will I bet able to teleport UAE devices to the UK in this scenario?

No, because the "remote" location, in this case UAE, is required to be in router mode. You have a double NAT by doing so, but this is ok if the devices in the remote location that connect to AmpliFi are only connected to it for the purpose of Teleporting to UK.

• @UI-Brett Thanks.

Double NAT isn't going to be an issue.

One last thing, I am going to keep on having to connect these devices using the app or will they stay connected indefinitely?

• @Andy-Williams This will stay online unless one side faces a network outage or you terminate the connection.

• @UI-JT just to give you an update.

I got all this installed and it is working perfectly. IMO, this is how all VPNs should work!

Both Smart TVs in the UAE now think they are on the UK network and all services work.

Even better, they reconnect automatically when they are switched on/off.

Cheers!