How the AmpliFi Alien performed in our new 2,700 sqft two-story home

• Hi guys,

We recently moved from a ranch-style to a 2,700 sqft two-story home and I had a chance to test the AmpliFi Alien to see how well it can cover the horizontal and vertical area.

I've written up my findings in a review that you can check out here.

Overall, I was quite impressed by how well the Alien (as a standalone router) performed, especially when positioned on the upper level.

I've made all my test data available via download link and I'd love to hear your feedback and experience with the Alien.

Cheers,
    Michael

• @mkummer, awesome write up. Very informative and presents the key points to what makes this an impressive product.

I’ve had the alien for about 2 weeks now and it has been rock solid in reliability and WiFi coverage. Those are the two most important things to me. Outside of that, hopefully firmware updates will solve the lack of support for the 160 MHz bandwidth as well as channel selection for the WiFi 6 band.

• @Vernon-Chan Thanks for the feedback! Has AmpliFi indicated that 160 MHz support is a software limitation? I was under the impression that there was more to it, potentially even some regulatory hurdled, depending on how they would want to implement it.